Whoa

Rory opened her eyes slowly and yawned and stretched her arms upwards. She wondered what time it was, figuring that it had to be relatively early as it was a very rare occasion that she woke up before Lily, the human alarm clock did. She reached over to her bedside table for her cell phone so she could check the time and was surprised to see a little envelope symbol flashing in the corner of the screen. She opened the message; she could see it was from Logan.

"I'm ready".

Her eyes widened. What did that mean? He's ready?

She sat up in her bed quickly. She needed to reply as soon as possible but had no idea what she should say in response. Rory typed out so many different replies, many long rambling responses, but nothing sounded quite right.

"Why don't you come over?"

Simple and to the point.

When Logan had received her message he had called her back and arranged to come over to the pool house later that day. Rory was extremely nervous and had busied herself tidying and cleaning the place from top to bottom. She was only glad that her grandparents had left for a few months in Europe or else Emily would have had a seizure at seeing Rory with the feather duster in her hand and not one of the many maids that she employed. She had just got Lily changed to a special outfit – she wanted her to look nice for her first proper meeting with her father – when Logan tapped at the door.

Logan waited outside the door, his heart in his mouth. He wanted to turn and run but all too soon he heard Rory's voice calling out.

"Come in!" Rory shouted. Logan opened the door to see Rory on the other side of the room where she had just placed Lily down on the rug to play with her toys. She settled Lily down in a nest of cushions and then walked over to greet Logan.

"I'm really glad you came, I hadn't expected to hear from you so soon, but I'm so glad you are here." she smiled.

Logan smiled back, it was slightly warmer than the smile he had offered her at the coffee shop but he stood by the door awkwardly not really knowing what to say or do. After Rory had invited him over, he had become unsure of what he was doing. Yesterday he had felt like he wasn't ready to face things but lying in bed with nothing to do but think all night had cleared his head a little. He was still experiencing a lot of anger towards Rory and the whole situation in general but he knew that he needed to try and push past those feelings because this wasn't just about him, or Rory. There was someone else to consider in all of this.

"Come over, we were just about to play with the noisy toys. Lily just loves the noisy toys" Rory rolled her eyes as they both knelt down on the rug next to Lily who was completely disinterested in the pair of them, her attention being taken by a light-up drum that was playing an incredibly annoying melody. "My mom's doing...I think it's some kind of revenge" she said laughing as she picked Lily up and gave her a cuddle.

Rory could feel Logan watching her. She turned to him. "Do you...do you want to hold her?" she asked tentatively.

Logan looked at her nervously. "I'm....I'm not really sure. She doesn't know me, will she want to come to me?"

Rory smiled "Of course she will, she's not a shy girl at all, she just loves everyone. Lily, you see this guy here? This is your daddy" she cooed at the little girl in her arms.

Logan looked at Rory talking softly to their daughter, calling him daddy, and he felt like his heart was going to burst right out of his chest.

"Logan," she said as she handed over the little girl "I know you have already kind of met but I would like to properly introduce you to Lily." Rory smiled as Logan took hold of her.