Another Day of Sun

Rory lay absolutely still in the bed in their hotel room. The warm morning sunshine was streaming through the window and she could feel it heating up her face. Carefully, she opened one eye very very slowly, not really daring to move her head too far off the pillow, as she remembered how much alcohol she had consumed the night before and she was pretty afraid of how much it was going to hurt. She lifted it gently and looked around the room.

"Ow," she said before putting her head back down on the pillow.

"Sore head Ace?" Logan laughed as he placed two aspirin and a large glass of water by the side of the bed.

She let out an audible groan. "What time is it?"

"It's just coming up to 9 am, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we've got a brunch date with the guys at 10 am so you're going to need to get moving".

"Nooooo," Rory said as she pulled the pillow over her head "I'm too tired and I'm too sleepy. Need coffee" she grumbled.

"Don't worry, I'll get you coffee Ace, but I can't do anything about the tired and sleepy, you brought that all on yourself madam."

Rory pulled her head out from under the pillow. "I did?" she said as she looked at Logan suspiciously.

"Sure. You seemed to just find me so wildly irresistible last night, you couldn't keep your hands to yourself" he smirked.

Rory's memories of the night before were pretty hazy, but she knew that it had involved a whole lot of alcohol and a fair amount of intense sexual activity. They had both been incredibly turned on after all the playing around and teasing at the club and it had resulted in some of the hottest sex they had ever had.

"Oh. Right. Yeah." Rory said as she remembered what had happened when they had returned to the hotel. "Well, I've got to say, from what I can recall, it was worth the eye bags I will be carrying around with me today."

"And what's this?" Logan said holding up a piece of paper "I can't believe you actually took that guy's phone number." He said pretending to be hurt.

"I thought it might come in useful, you know, in case we don't work out" she laughed as she threw the pillow at him.

Logan jumped down on the bed and leant over to kiss her. "No chance of that," he said. "Last night was nothing short of amazing Ace" he whispered into her ear. "I hope we get to do a rerun sometime."

"It was pretty good" she agreed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her, before pressing her lips to his and deepening the kiss with her tongue.

"Ace..." Logan said as he started to pull away from her. "As much as I'd like to continue last night's festivities, and believe me, I would REALLY like to continue last night's fun, we've got less than one hour until we have to meet the guys...so go have your shower."

"You're so bossy" Rory pouted. "Okay, I'm going," she said as she threw her legs over the side of the bed. "But only on one condition," she said as she looked back over at her shoulder at him.

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

"You have to come with me," she said suggestively.

That was an offer Logan could not refuse.

------

Just over an hour and a half later, they finally made it out of their hotel room and managed to meet and their friends for brunch. It was a searing hot August day in New York City and Rory was glad that she had packed an ultra-light cotton sundress to help keep her cool and more importantly, she was wearing her very dark oversized Chanel sunglasses – her eyes were so not ready for the daylight.