Happy Love

The next day Rory and Logan headed to their old haunt of Rich Man's Shoe in New Haven where they were meeting their friends for brunch, leaving Lily with Marta for the day.

After the interruptions of the night before, it was fair to say that Rory was ever so slightly apprehensive about going in. She was still completely mortified that Finn had found them in flagrante delicto while Logan, much to her annoyance, just seemed to find the whole thing highly amusing.

"Relax Ace" Logan laughed as he squeezed her hand "Nobody will care, we'll just dazzle them with this," he said as he brought the hand adorned with her engagement ring up to his mouth and kissed it.

"Hey guys," Logan said as he approached his waiting friends.

"Logan, Rory" Finn nodded with a laugh as Rory tried not to make eye contact with him. "I'm really sorry love, I just don't think I can ever look you in the eye again without laughing. "

"Finn..." Logan warned and Rory shook her head as she blushed. She just wished the ground would open beneath her feet and swallow her right up.

"What's going on, what happened?" Colin asked, sensing there was something he wasn't party to.

Rory looked at Finn pleading with him not to continue but she knew that it was completely fruitless. She knew these guys well enough to know that they weren't going to stop now until they found out what was going on. She threw herself down in the booth and Logan slid in beside her laughing as he slipped his arm around her shoulder.

"Where do I start!" Finn said as he rubbed his chin. "Well, last night, I was on my way home, just driving near Casa Gilmore-Huntzberger and I suddenly remembered that that last time I was there I left my jacket behind, so you know, I thought as I was passing and I had a key..."

"Which you will be returning with immediate effect!" Rory interrupted.

"...I thought I would just nip in there and get it while they were out. What can I say? It wasn't my fault that this pair had come home early from their date. To cut a long story short, I kind of interrupted 'proceedings' and may have seen a little bit more of Rory than I should have..." Finn winked.

"Oh my god, he walked in on you guys having sex?!" Steph asked Rory "Oh this is too funny" she laughed and clapped her hands with glee.

"Well, now strictly speaking I don't know if they were actually having sex or whether they'd even got that far. Let's ask them! Rory, what exactly was it you were doing down there? I mean from where I was standing it looked like you were..." Finn said trying not to laugh.

Rory pouted and threw a coaster at him across the table.

"Now now darling, there's no need for violence. We've all been there...I just hope you got the job finished after I left." He sniggered.

Rory blushed again and Logan leaned over to kiss her on the cheek before addressing the group. "Okay, enough with the ritual humiliation guys...we actually came here for a reason today and it wasn't to relive what will surely go down as one of our more memorable evenings...we wanted you to be the first to know that we're engaged" he said as Rory smiled and waved her hand so everyone could see the big sparkly rock that she was now sporting on her left hand.

"What!" Steph screeched "You're engaged! That's like the most amazing news ever!" she said as she jumped up to embrace both of her friends in a hug.

"That's awesome mate," Finn said as she shook Logan's hand and patted him on the back.

"Yeah, that's great news. I hope you'll be very happy together." Colin said from across the table.

Logan smiled at Rory "We are very happy" he said as he gave her a squeeze.