nine

Octavia hated it.

She hated missing them. She hated the fact that she couldn't hold them whenever she wanted. She couldn't be with them because her brother needed her more and that destroyed her.

It had been exactly three weeks since she had last seen the loves of her life and that destroyed her. Octavia could practically feel her heart deteriorating with the loneliness that laid heavy on her heart, sufficiently killing her slowly.

"Octavia are you okay? You haven't really talked to anyone since you got back from Italy and the packs really worried, Paul and Embry especially." Emily asked, the seemingly permanently maternal look on her face shining as she questioned younger girl.

"I'm okay Emily, there's just been a lot going on right now." Octavia replied with a shrug while snatching her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Are you sure there isn't anything you'd like to talk about?" Emily asked, silently begging Octavia to open up to her.

Octavia sighed, weighing her options. She had truly wanted to tell someone about her Italian encounter, and telling Emily would be helpful. After a moment the brunette cracked and spoke.

"It's just that I'm kind of seeing someone and it's been difficult." Octavia spoke, picking her choice of words very carefully.

"Okay what's the matter, you don't think Paul will approve?" Emily inquired and Octavia snorted softly.

"I know he won't approve, no one will approve." Octavia muttered with a slightly bitter tone that made the older of the two bite her lip while thinking of a response.

"Octavia, if you really love this person and if they really love you then it shouldn't matter what others think, your the one that loves them, your the one that makes the decisions." Emily said softly as she placed a warm hand on Octavia's jacketed shoulder. The young brunette simply nodded.

"If only it was that simple." Octavia murmured to herself before the two descended into a comfortable silence.

Unknown to the two, Embry Call had heard the entire conversation and was each word spoken by Octavia Lahote was slowly breaking his heart.

__
A/N: So guys I have decided that until the end of the school year, due to AP exams I will be putting all my books on a temporary hiatus.

This does not mean I won't be writing, I just won't be posting which brings me to a very important question.

What book(s) of mine are your absolute favorite and I will try my hardest to write them as much as possible.

Vote
Comment
& check out my other stories.

Published: 04/30/17