Chapter 8

A/N: I will be posting the text messages on here instead of the Wattpad app 'tap' because it is unfair to those who do not use the app and want to read it. Look back at the previous chapters to read any missed conversations. Thanks~

_____________________________________________________________________

"Shhh, she's waking up!" A soft voice in barely a whisper sounds in my ear.

"WAKE UP!" An ear-piercing shrill drills through my skull. This voice is definitely familiar.

I open my eyes to look at a crowd of people by my bed in the cabin. They all stare at me, wide-eyed, wondering what happened earlier today. Tanaka see's that I am confused, so she shoos the rest of the girls away from me, leaving just Ana and Kyira. "What happened?" Ana asks first.

I shake my head. "I don't know..." I tell her honestly, "Did I die?"

Ana looks over to Tanaka to explain. "You were supposed to. The other girls and I have been talking and we know that in order for the red light to come on and evacuate everyone out of the building, something had to of happened. There is no way they would save a girl that they want to kill off."

"Gee thanks." I tell her while trying to sit up on the bed, "How did I end up here?"

Tanaka shrugs, "Some guard came in here and placed you on your bed. It was weird that he knew which one you slept in, but I suppose we are always being watched."

I take my phone from under my pillow and watch as it turns on with my fingerprint activating it. The time shows that I have not only missed lunch, but I have missed dinner also. Weird though, I don't feel very hungry. Quite opposite actually.

Kyira goes off and tells the other girls that I am fine and chats with them for a bit. Ana sits by my left side and Tanaka sits on my right. "You know, one of the guys could have saved you." Ana speaks up, "The room has to be shut down from the inside only."

Tanaka rolls her eyes at Ana, "And why would the guys want to save a girl when they literally watched fifty others die before her?"

"It's just a thought!" Ana protests.

"Guys, if it is okay, I'd like to have some quiet time before the night is over. My ears hurt from the water that pushed itself inside and I was bruised so mu-" I stop before I end my sentence. My bruises and cuts are all gone, just like they never existed in the first place.

"Earth to Y/N? What's going on?" Tanaka asks.

"All of my wounds are gone." I say dumbfounded, "I distinctly remember hitting a bunch of rocks and cutting myself. I also hit this glass pane which stopped me from moving further down the river and then fell to the ground."

"That must have happened when the room was shutting down. You were almost at the end of the room where the grinder was and almost died!" Ana screams. Tanaka glares at her and shushes her.

"We can talk about that later, as of now though you need to rest more before the voting tonight." Tanaka tells me. I agree and lay my head down. The lights in the room shut off just in time and I shut my eyes. My friends had migrated to another side of the room to let me have my rest.

Before I could let my body shut down, I feel a small vibration underneath my pillow. I take my device out again and check it. Five unread messages:

*You have been invited to a chatroom*

Lance: See? Told you.

Gyu: Yes I understand now.

Roldan: I don't. Can someone explain?