Chapter 22

The first thing I do when I get up is check my phone. Lance had told me and Tanaka in a group chat that the final challenge has partners. It is a musical duet meant to serenade the five men, and the groups that are horrible will get killed. The challenge will be given to us in the morning like usual and we will have time to practice until tonight. Tanaka and I had made eye contact, agreeing me be each other's partner for this.

We make Kyira get up and get the other girls ready to leave the building. Ian had been the one to give us this last challenge and wished us good luck. Some girls around us had seen the change in Ian's attitude lately. He used to be mean and rude to everyone, but now he is more calm and patient. Still a major pain in the ass though.

We get into the practice room and Tanaka runs to get a guitar. She got an acoustic, so it would go better with whatever instrument I chose. I can play a lot, since my parents forced me into almost every music instrument practice, and wait for the other girls to choose theirs. Kyira is next to us, a little hesitant.

"So, you two are partners?" She looks around the room and frowns slightly, "Who do I go with since Ana is gone?" I look around the room and see another girl looking around for a partner. Kyira runs up to her and they start talking. Kyira is a drummer kind of girl, able to pound on the set rather violently, but makes some sick beats.

The last remaining instrument was the cello and harp. Does nobody here know how to play these? I decide the take both for myself to give us the exciting factor. We are all supposed to make up a song about two minutes long and all the girls looks like they are having the worst time of their lives. Me and Tanaka decided to do a very simple set of chords to strum with the guitar and then do a nice melody with the cello, switching to the harp for beautiful broken chords at the middle and have Tanaka do a strong melody on guitar.

When we figure out our own song in about half an hour, because we have been playing for years, we go separately to the others to try to help them with their own songs. I help Kyira and the other girl who is playing the saxophone. For the next eight hours, with breaks, we worked with all the girls and got most of them to play well enough to advance to the end.

It's in the middle of the afternoon, about 5:00pm, and we are all exhausted. Without a final break, we are sent to the challenge room to perform in front of everyone. Me and Tanaka go first since nobody else wanted to go, and I take a seat and she stands. We did better than I expected and the rest of the girls pale in comparison, besides Kyira and the other chick. They totally killed the competition in my opinion. Everyone else was good enough to pass, nobody losing at all today. Some of the guards look extremely confused that nobody lost and wasn't horrible. I smirk just looking at their faces and glance up at the spot on corner of the room where the guys would be to send a smile to Lance.

I hear my phone buzz and I check it when we are dismissed. Tanaka hugs me from our major win and people thank us for the help. Kyira smiles at us, but stays with the other girl instead of staying with us like usual. I ignore her for now and check my phone at Lance's message.

Lance- <3

I smile at his message and send a heart back at him.

You- <3

Lance- Stay where you are. Be right there.

I stand alone outside and wait for him to come, Tanaka and the other guards going to where they are supposed to go. After a few minutes, Lance runs up to me and hugs me. It's weird to think that about a week ago, he wouldn't even talk to me let alone hug me. I give him a kiss on the cheek and he kisses my lips. He smirks at me, "Just a cheek kiss? Even after what happened last night?"

My face reddens at the thought and he shakes his head to get off the topic. Lance digs in his pocket and pulls out a necklace. It is a gold and silver heart necklace with diamonds in the heart. He puts it on my neck and admires it. I smile at the gift and thank him for it. "It is very pretty, but why are you giving this to me?"

He hugs me and puts his head on mine, "I just want you to always think of me when you see it."

"But I will see you every day, so why would I need a reminder?" I giggle at him.

He puts his lips on my ear, "Just in case something happens tomorrow."

"Is there something you're not telling me? Are you worried about tomorrow?" I ask him.

If there is something he is concerned about, I need to know. What if something is going to go wrong and I never see him again? "Don't worry about." He moves away from me and winks, "What you should worry about, is the type of wedding dress my mother is going to put you in when you get back to my island."

I laugh at him as he walks away, back to his own building to do whatever they do over there. I go back to my cabin and talk with Tanaka for the rest of the day. Kyira came in later that night to take her pillow and blanket to another room. We stop her and ask why she is moving rooms on the very last night but she avoids eye contact with us, which is very odd because of her normal hyper behavior.

"I'm going to stay at a friend's room. No need to worry about me." She doesn't even spare us a glance as she leaves us alone in the room. Tanaka shrugs and I ponder on her weird behavior. Lance sends his last two votes to me and instead of inviting me over, he sends a group text.

Lance- Have a safe night everyone.

Tanaka- Thank you, Lance.

Ian- I look forward to picking you tomorrow, Tana~

Lance- You can't pick anyone.

Ian- Oh, I will. ;)

You- We will all be together on the boat, once we are you can pick away!

Ian- Be ready Tana.

Tanaka- :)

Lance- Gross.

Lance- Y/N can I kick them out?

You- No, why?

Ana- Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaa!

You- Nvm, kick them.

Ana- Hey! I will be at the final voting tomorrow!! I will meet you guys in the building.

You- Why?

Ana- ??

You- Why do you need to be voted on?

Ana- Because I'm still in the competition, silly!

Kyira- I wish you were here Ana :(

Kyira- Things aren't the same.

You- You're the one who left us.

Kyira- No. You left me.

Tanaka- What?

*Kyira has left the chatroom*

Ana- Oh no, what did you two do to her?

Ana- You know she is sensitive...

Tanaka- What the hell are you taking about, she's KYIRA.

Ana- Even the toughest shells can break.

Ana- Anywho, see you pretty gals tomorrow!

I say goodnight to everyone and decide to go to sleep to prepare for the morning. Tanaka is worried about Kyira, but I don't understand why she is blaming us. What did we even do to make her feel bad? We even helped her with her music and everything today? Is she just sad about Ana leaving?

Lance- This is my last allowed message to you. I want you to know that whatever happens tomorrow, I want you to be safe. If something goes wrong, know that I love you and want only the best for you. I know you are just getting more confused, but trust me when I say that whatever happens, I will find you. I love you, Y/N.

*Lance has left the conversation*

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, re-reading the message and his confession of love. It makes me so worried that he thinks that something will go wrong, but I feel safe knowing that he is confident in us ending up together. No matter what happens, we will stay together. No matter what.