| Ch. 3 |

"You should watch where you're going, dove." The man mused, his mouth twitched up into a handsome smirk as he stood towering above me.

I took note of his casual wear from my vulnerable spot on the floor. He had a white button down on that clung to every curve of his muscled chest, tucked into a pair of dark jeans. His hair was neatly slicked back. He was copy and pasted straight out of a vogue magazine.

"What's your name?" He asked curiously, lending me his hand to pull me up, "I don't think I've seen you around, I would've known if boss had a gal pal." He winked as he pulled me up.

I nearly laughed at his use of the words, gal pal. I shook my head slightly, a smile slipping onto my lips.

"I'm sorry, I should've been paying more attention." I apologized, "I'm Rose Salvatore, the new maid."

As if something clicked in his mind, his eyes lit up in realization. "Ohhh, right! Ginger mentioned a new worker, I just thought Salvatore was a man." He chucked easily, "Well, it's very nice to meet you, Miss Rose Salvatore."

The nameless greek god sent a soft smile in my direction. I mirrored the action, "Its nice to meet you as well, Mr.," I paused, noticing I didn't even know his name.

"De Angelis. Jackson De Angelis." He gave me a warm smile before his phone went off, he quickly checked it before groaning, "I'm sorry to be so impolite, but I must go deal with some matters."

"Oh, no worries." I gave him an understanding smile before starting back towards the kitchen.

"I hope to see you around, Miss Salvatore." He stated from a little bit away, I turned and sent him a smile. Everyone around here was so nice so far, nothing at all like my past job where Miss Augustine would patronize everything I did on a daily basis.

I quickly found the kitchen, this time managing to not bump into anything else. I noticed some dirty dishes to the side of the sink so I quickly started washing them by hand. The dishes weren't nearly as bad as the ones in my small, dingy apartment. No dry macaroni and cheese stuck to the bowls. Terra never finished her dinner, it was one of the most frustrating things as a parental figure. Not that I was her parent, but I was damn close enough.

"Oh, honey, we have a dish washer." A sweet voice pulled me out of my thoughts, and I realized it was Ginger. She pointed towards the dishwasher under the counter a few feet away from me. I felt my cheeks heat up at this.

"Oh, that's alright." I smiled, "I like doing dishes, strangely enough." This wasn't a lie, I always did like cleaning dishes. It helped me clear my mind. My mother always told me that it was extremely odd, she used to tell me that a lot, I realized.

"Well, if you insist." She smiled, "I'm going to start lunch for the house, the employees eat lunch in a separate room from Mr. Rossi and his clan."

"Clan?" I chuckled a little at this.

"They're aren't quite his family, but they're aren't quite his workers either." She mused, shaking her head at the thought of them as she starting preparing the ingredients for the lunch. I watched as her fiery red curls bounced at the small action.

We sat around, me washing the dishes, Ginger preparing the lunch. Eventually, I finished up the dishes and had no clue what to do next. Ginger was just finished setting the table when she turned to me.

"They should be down here any moment," She informed me, "you will work with the other maids to assist them with whatever they need during this time, and I will leave a plate of food for you in the kitchen for once you're done." She smiled reassuringly, looking at me as if she knew how crazy my nerves were at the very moment.

"What about you?" I asked in a slight panic, "Where will you be?"

"I'll be having lunch, Mr. Rossi doesn't like me assisting them during their lunch." She rolled her eyes playfully, "Something about needing to rest at this age. The man thinks I'm eighty, I swear."

I could tell she was joking, the admiration she held in her eyes when she spoke about the man was astounding. She smiled at me once more before heading out of the dining area and back into the kitchen. Within a few moments, three other women assembled into the room, standing against one wall.

There was a girl about my age and two older women, one who appeared to be in her mid twenties and another in her late thirties. The girl around my age smiled at me, waving me over towards them.

"Are you the new girl?" She asked as I arrived next to her.

"Yes," I nodded, "Rose Salvatore."

"It's so nice to finally have someone around my age," She whispered this part, avoiding the possibility of the two older women hearing this, "I'm June."

At this moment, people started walking through the door and taking a seat at the table. I saw the man I'd ran into earlier, literally. He sent a wink in my direction before diving into the conversation with the three other people around him.

A girl with long blonde hair sat closest to me, her back to us. She was leaning on the man next to her, throwing her head back and laughing at whatever he had said. The man next to her had similar blonde hair, but other than that I couldn't make out anything else about him.

My eyes drifted to another man but felt my heart drop to the depths of hell when I realized he already had his stony gaze held firmly on me. Everyone around him was talking, but he stayed silent as his eyes were trained on me. I felt my fidgeting begin, I hated how unnerved I felt under this mans gaze.

"Why are you not in uniform?" A velvety voice asked,  I noticed a slight accent. Italian or Spanish. I nearly choked when I realized it was the man who had been staring at me previously.

"Uh, I'm sorry, me?" I mumbled, my heart was pounding against my chest like a bird trying to flee a cage.

"Well, you are the only one not in uniform," He stated rather rudely, eyeing my favorite red dress in disgust, "are you not?"

I hesitated for a moment, trying to figure out who this man thought he was, talking to me like this. Like I was below him, the gravel under his feet. The gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe. His very expensive, polished shoe, I'd imagine.

"Are you incompetent?!" He growled, all the chatting around him stopped at this. I cringed internally when I felt multiple pairs of eyes glued to me in a moment.

"I apologize," I began, feeling my hands shaking, "I was told I didn't have to wear my uniform until tomorrow."

He mulled over my answer, his gaze still stone cold, "Are you new?"

"Yes, I am." I admitted, wondering what it was to him.

He paused for a moment, finally peeling his eyes off of me. Everyone else's gazes still trained on me. It was eerily silent, I could hear my own heartbeat.

"Get me the salt."

• • •

Please vote & comment as it keeps me motivated to continue writing!! ❤️❤️