| Chapter 12 |

I silently debated in my head whether to walk away or scream. But I couldn't really walk away quietly because I was wearing four-inch heels... so instead, I squeaked out, "Mom?"

Okay, I meant to shout... but you can't really blame me for only managing a tiny squeak. I'm in shock! How could my mother be with someone else while she's still married to my dad?! I thought they were SOUL MATES! It's not supposed to go like this!

My mom immediately stood up from her "position" (ah!) and shouted, "Crystal! Oh my goodness... honey... I-I really didn't m-mean for you to see... this."

"Oh, of course you didn't, mother! It was supposed to be a 'secret' affair! I must say, you should be more careful next time!" I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Sweetheart—"

"No mom—I wonder if I should even call you that! Please don't say anything! I just... don't know how you could be such a... bitch!" I was surprised those words came out of my mouth. I've always been a good girl... I never swear at my parents! Or any adult!

"Crystal! How dare you!"

I was supposed to apologize. To just be a goody-two-shoes like I always am. But something inside me just snapped. Why should I be a good person when my mom—the person who taught me to be good—clearly isn't? So instead I shouted, "No! Why shouldn't I dare?! You have no right to tell me what's right and what's wrong because you aren't a proper parent!"

"You listen to me—" Before my mother could finish her sentence, I've already stormed out of the front door.

Tears began streaming down my face. I cried. About my mother... about Isaac and Maddox. Who knew life could be so fucking messed up in a span of half a day?

~

I ended up going to Crystal's house. I told her about my mother and the police officer. And I was even surprised she understood anything that I was saying, considering I was crying into a pillow the whole time and my talking was muffled.

By the end, Crystal gave me hug and told me to try to stop crying because "we're going to fix this together".

"Okay, darling, I cannot believe they all would just hurt you like that! Just know that I would never do such a thing, okay? And I know that I haven't been super close to you in a while because of Andrea... but the thing is... I've always considered you to be my bestest friend! Anyway, this is pretty much going a bit off topic so I'm just going to tell you what we're going to do to make em' pay, alright?"

"But—"

"No. You are not going to stop me from making them pay. I'm going to blackmail Maddox and Isaac, no matter how much your kind little heart of yours goes against that."

"Fine... but only because it hurts bad." I said.

Crystal smiled in satisfaction and began explaining her plan to me. Apparently, she's changed her mind about blackmail and is just going to print the picture of Isaac and Maddox kissing and stick it around the whole school. I went against that idea, because what I agreed to was blackmail, not this. And second, it was remarkably cruel.

When I said that it was remarkably cruel, Carmen said that's good, cause it's what we're looking for. Seriously, this girl is evil...

As for my mother, we've decided to tell my father. He's going to believe me. He has to. After all, I've never lied to him.

Tomorrow, the posters are going to be all around school. Now, I just have to text my dad. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and typed in, Hi, Daddy. Um... I have something to tell you... this is absolutely, one hundred percent insane and there's a chance you don't believe me. But I went home from the mall earlier today and saw mom with some police officer. They were "doing it", if you know what I mean. Call me. When are you coming home? I don't even want to see mom's face anymore... bye.

- Crystal

----------

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a long time! But I've been busy. Anyway, thanks for reading!

- Jasmine -