Chapter Five

|Chapter Five|

Belle

I've been in my room for hours now. All my tears dried up. I had nothing left in me. Now I just sat against my bed frame, exhausted and angry. So very, very angry. How dare they! All of them, keep this from me and assume what's best for me. I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Especially, when it concerns my mate. And my mate at that! How dare he just up and leave, and those annual drops ins? What the hell do those mean? What game is he playing at?

I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated. I am definitely my own enemy. Why are you torturing yourself with these unanswered questions? Just move on Belle, your mate does not want you.

Sighing defeated, I got up and head for my bathroom. I cringed as I looked at my reflection. My eyes were rimmed red and puffy and my nose was bright red as well. My hair looked nasty and my cheeks dry from being rubbed so many times. Overall, I looked like a mess.

I rinsed my face a couple times, not that it helped much, before my stomach started to growl. When was the last time I ate today? I couldn't remember. I made my way to the door, but stopped short. Should I leave? What if I ran into one of them?

Suddenly anger cruised through me. Why the hell am I acting like this? I didn't do anything wrong. Plus, it was almost midnight and no one would be awake right now.

I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen and ran straight into a chest. Not just any chest, my so called mate's chest. Why didn't I scent him out?! Oh right, 'cause my nose is blocked from crying so much!!

I looked up glaring and took a step back, even though my body begged me not to, and made my way around him, completely ignoring him. I didn't make two steps before I felt him grab a hold of my wrist and pull me back to him. I refused to look him in the eyes, and struggled in his hold.

"Would you quit struggling?" Jace muttered annoyed. I narrowed my eyes at him. Why the hell was he annoyed.

"Screw you." I muttered, gritting my teeth as I looked him in the eyes with fury.

"You know, for a little girl like yourself, you have a lot of anger in you." He chuckled.

The nerve on this man!

"Who you calling a little girl, hmm? I have you know I'm 19 fucking years old, and not some pup that you can push around"

"And that potty mouth of yours, you're going to be a handful aren't you" Jace replied, all too amused by the situation.

"Stop talking to me like I'm some pup!" My face was heating up with anger and annoyance. What was going through my head for all those years when I was crushing on this conceited, good-for-nothing, annoying, handsome, douche-y Beta!

" Let go of me right now Beta." I growled.

"If you promise to stop addressing me by my title, I'll consider it" I swear if I could I'd chuck something at him.

"I'm serious. Let go." I gritted out. I guess he could see how angry I was and slowly let go of his hold and I instantly moved away, keeping a good distance between us. I turned my back to him, knowing that I wouldn't have the strength in me if I were facing him.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered. I turned around, adrenaline, hurt and built up anger boiling inside me. "Why did you leave for so long? Why didn't you just claim me? Why bother now."

My vision was blurry but I stayed strong. Jace had his head lowered in shame, good he should be ashamed of himself.

"You were a pup-" He began.

"I was months away from 16, months away from a fully grown and mature wolf!" I yelled. He didn't say anything.

"You're a coward, Beta Jace" I whispered, but he heard me loud and clear. His head snapped up and he growled. I didn't care.

"You were a coward then, and you're acting like a coward now. If you don't want me, just outright reject me." He growled, his eyes glowing bright amber.

"I am not a coward," His voice was laced with his wolf, "and I will not, ever, reject my mate." I didn't say anything as he took deep breathes to calm his wolf. Once calm, he looked back at me with those warm brown eyes.

"I'm sorry for running away like that-"

"Like a coward" I interrupted, I know I was being petty but I didn't care. If he couldn't accept his mistakes and actions like an adult, then he should be the one labelled pup, not me.

"Would you let me fini-"

"Will you stop acting like a coward?"

"You are impossible!"

"You're worse!"

"You know what!" He was yelling now.

"What?!" So was I. Everyone was probably awake now.

"You're still the pup I left nearly 5 years ago!"

"And, you're still that cowardly, douche-y asshole that left his mate nearly 5 years ago!"

"I give up, if you don't want to listen I'm not going to beg!" He growled.

"No one's asking you to beg, Beta" I seethed.

"Fine!" He yelled.

"Fine!" I yelled back.

We both turned around and stormed off our separate ways.

Ughh he drives me crazy!!! I thought, running my hands roughly through my hair.

--

Jace

I slammed my bedroom door shut and crashed on my bed. Grabbing my pillow, I scream into it. A tad bit of my frustrations being released.

"Arghhh, she's driving me insane!" I growled, as I ran a hand through my hair.