The Apology

I looked up in panic, oh dear God it was Perri, probably the last person I wanted to see right now.

"Chelsea?" He repeated; "Are you ok? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-well of course I didn't mean to- I just- I mean" He faltered and just looked at me with a mixed expression of shock, worry and fear.

"No, it's fine. Really" I said, clutching my head, doing my best to ignore the full throbbing pain that I was now expereincing in my temple. I started to walk forward so I could peer over Perri's shoulder and see if Jordan was still signing, but I wobbled and my head started spinning.

"Woah!" Perri said and his hands shot out to steady me. The contact made me shiver. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"Are you sure your ok?" He said softly, a smile playing on his all-too-perfect lips.

That was, of course, when the door opened and Jordan ran out at full speed.

Right into Perri.

Sugar.

It was too late to do anything. I heard Perri's cry of surprise as Jordan slammed into him, knocking both me and Perri to the floor. I fell backwards and landed with Perri on top of me. I heard my head go "Thwack" on the hard oak floorboards and suddenly spots appeared in my vision. My head felt like someone was forcing themselves out from inside it. Something thick and hot ran through my hair. I heard voices; high and panicky, shouting inaudible short sentences. I could hear one that sounded slightly higher, more panicky and louder than anyone else's. The voice said my name over and over and over again. Then, finally, I could faintly hear breathing by my ear and a hand gently cradling my head.

The last thing I heard was someone voice calling desperately for Ashley.

Then everything went black.