Chapter 5

I made my way out to breakfast with teddy, before they all thought I had run away again. I was immediately met by the second most intimidating giant in the house, Payne. I mean he would be the first if there wasn't a human hating teenage rebel in the house. Payne was crouched down in front of the human door, and as soon as I had Opened the door he reached to grab me. As quickly as I opened the door, I slammed it shut.

     I know he probably mean well I just don't know what he thinks, then I finally hear him give a sigh and starts walking away. I peek outside the door and he is nowhere to be seen so I take it as my signal to hurry and head to the kitchen before he comes back to try again. Next thing I knew I felt a giant footsteps right behind me I drop teddy surprised, then i slowly turn around to see who it is. I hope it's not Payne again or worse Jayden, I don't want to die today.

     When turn around I see the one and only Jaki, when she spotted me she then smiled joyfully at me. "Good morning Kathryn'', She cooed.

     "G-good Morning" I replied.

     " Awww you're sooo cute!" Jaki squealed. She bent down to scoop me up, as her hand reaches me I flinch.She then makes her way down the hall into the kitchen and sets me on the table. My eyes immediately went to Jayden, mostly because he started glaring as soon as Jaki entered the room with me. I also felt a dark aura coming from Payne and he is now staring at me with deep intensity.

     "Well good morning Kit" Chester greeted. Seriously where did he get kit from, I've heard Kat or Kathy, but never Kit. I don't even have an "i" in my name to even get somehow get Kit. I nodded in response, I don't think he is on the same level of scary as Payne, but Chester and Issac are about on the same on the scale. As I was thinking I didn't notice him tried to give me a human plate that was in between his fingers.

     "Thank you" I murmured.

     "Just pick whatever you want off of my plate", He said with a smile. I flinched when I see his huge teeth, but I don't think he noticed. I got scrambled eggs off of his plate and ripped of a piece of toast. I set my plate on my lap and reach for the human human silverware right beside me.

     "What's the matter, Payne? You've barely touched your food." Trisha questioned.

     " Don't worry mom he's just jealous Kathryn is accepting help from everyone, but him. Isn't that right little brother?" Jaki asked curiously. Payne avoided eye contact, but his face remained expressionless.

     "Don't worry bro I'm sure she won't accept any help from me either, but given I'd probably squish her if she asks." Jayden smirked. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I saw his smirk and I knew he was serious. The air got tense after that no one dared said a word except of course Kaleb.

     " Leave Kathryn alone she's your new little sister too" Kaleb pointed out.

     "Not really she's more like a pet" Jayden chuckled. He walked out of the room

     "Oh Kathryn I forgot to tell you that you will take care of your school needs with Payne. He took classes to be a school teacher, but decided to stay home and teach Kaleb so you can join in on their classes" Trisha explained. I felt immediately terrified, I had to spend all day with Payne the emotionless beast.

     "Yay! Can I bring Kathryn to the classroom, mom?" Kaleb asked.

     "Only if Kathryn is okay with it" Trisha answered.

     Kaleb looked at me expectantly waiting for an answer, then finally I nodded in agreement. He wasted no time to scooped me up and make his way down the hall. We arrived at a bright blue door, and we made our way inside. It really was like a classroom it had a marker board at the front of the room and a single desk in the center of it, and another desk that was facing towards the smaller one. " you can share a desk with me Kathryn" Kaleb gleamed. He then set me on top of the desk and we waited for Payne to get here.

     The door finally opened and in came Payne carrying notebooks and a few school books. " Good morning" He greeted us.

     " Good morning big brother Payne" Kaleb replied. Payne passed Kaleb a notebook and pencil for us. Everything was fine we learned some math and science then it was time for a break.

      "Kathryn" Payne called me over. I shakily made my way over to him, what did I do. I didn't lift my head I knew I did something wrong, I probably did.

       I only made it halfway when I collapsed on the ground crying. " I'm sorry I didn't mean to do something wrong" I sobbed. I watched Payne make his way over to the wall, the next thing I knew his fist went through the wall. I didn't know what else to do, so i ran. I took one more look at him his facial expression never changed but I feel like he's sad. After I went through the human door I sprinted until i arrived at the human living quarters. I then threw myself onto my bed, my heartbeat fast I need to cuddle with teddy. I look up to expect him on the bed, but he wasn't there. I panicked when I realized I dropped him this morning.

     I heard a tap on my door, " Kathryn please come out" I heard Payne say. I shakily made my way to the door and opened it. When I look up at him he had tear stained eyes, had he been crying? "I just came to give you this". He then handed me teddy I sigh in relief and hug teddy to my chest. He then made his way down the hallway.

     "Wait!" I called after him and sprinted to him, he looked down at me in surprised. "Thank you" I said. He stared down a me for a second then scooped me up. This startled me and I was pressed against his chest, when I look up at him he was grinning ear to ear. He made his way back to my room and set me by the door.

     "Class will start again tomorrow this time please don't leave early" he said back to being emotionless. For some reason this made me smile and i went to my room to play with teddy for a while.