|15| The Incident

*hey guys, trigger warning. If you don't feel comfortable with rape, don't continue...*

I didn't understand how people could be so oblivious to the obvious. Like, for instance, Vienna with her boyfriend. Vienna, the girl with the 'I don't care' attitude and the ring in her nose, was compete mush for a guy that clearly didn't deserve her.

My phone buzzed against the counter as I boiled some water, pasta softening at the bottom of the pot. It was just me. Vienna went on another date, wasting her Sunday with Drew. I should have told her, but I just couldn't. She looked too happy, too joy filled.

Lydia was at some party. Honestly, good riddance. Same with Carson, whose whereabouts I had no clue of. My father and Melanie were out on a date night, so it was just me, pasta, and the television. And, well, whoever decided to call me at seven in the evening.

"Hello?" I sighed into the phone.

"Hey, Ada!" Her words sounded a little slurred.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a date?"

"Yeah, but I don't want you to be all lonely at home. I was just thinking, do you wanna hang out with us? We had so much fun last time."

So. Much. 'Fun'.

I tapped my nail against the marble countertop. "I'm good. I have homework."

"Seriously?" I heard loud music in the background. Where were they?

"Yeah. I just wanna stay in tonight. Sorry."

"Oh, okay. Drew, hold on!" She began giggling. "Oh, I was just inviting Ada! What? Ugh, okay, bye, Ada!"

With that, the line went dead. I sighed, placing the phone on the counter and turning to my food. The water had begun to boil, so I turned off the stove and drained the water. Then, I placed the spaghetti on a plate and added a little butter. After grabbing a Dr. Pepper from the fridge, I plopped down on the couch.

After settling on a show, I stabbed my fork into the pasta and tried to shove it in my mouth. Only, I almost burned my tastebuds off.  I put the plate on the table, deciding on letting it cool down before I ate it.

Propping my legs on the glass coffee table, I took a sip of my soda. It felt nice to have a moment of peace to myself. There was no one to disturb me, no one to infuriate me.

Of course, Carson had to walk through the door.

"Aw, come on, you're ruining my date!"

"Date?" He raised an eyebrow, glancing all around the spacious living room.

I pointed to my plate of pasta. "Yeah, my date."

He rolled his eyes. "Of course, a plate of spaghetti is the only thing that would ever date you."

"I'll throw the steaming hot plate at you." Honestly, I wasn't in the mood for his rudeness. I was sick and tired of fighting a loosing war with him and Lydia. Why couldn't we just get along?

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'm going to get ready."

"For?"

"Drew's party. I bet you weren't invited!"

Something clicked in me. Vienna was at his party! If he acted anyway like he did with Tala, Vienna was in trouble. I wasn't sure why, but something didn't settle right in the pit of my stomach.

"Drew, as in Vienna's boyfriend?"

Carson slowly nodded, heading towards the stairs.

I hoped out of my seat and raced after him. "Take me there! Right now!" Dread settled in the pit of my stomach. The way he looked at her, like she was a piece of meat.