Twenty-nine

Luke's POV:
Mark Hemmings? My fucking father? He better not have been the one that sent Zoey those dead flowers and that threatening note or I swear to God, he'll be just as dead as those flowers.

"He's already in prison. Why would my father send Zoey dead flowers?" I question. That's ridiculous.

"Same reason you thought I did it. Are we done now?" She says, annoyed that I wasn't calling her because I wanted to have sex with her and I groan, hanging up the phone. I start to walk out of the room.

"Luke?" I hear the faint cry of the love of my life. I turn around.

"Yes?" I reply softly.

"Where are you going?" She sniffles.

"I'll be back. I'm going to take care of this." I tell her, confidently.

"What are you going to do? Promise me you won't get hurt." She wonders.

"Just know that you are not going to be messed with anymore. That's all I can promise you." I state.

"Luke, don't!" She begs.

"Please don't get yourself hurt. You said something really hurtful and that's why I'm in this hospital, but I can't stand by and let you get yourself killed." She says and I sigh.

"I'm just going to the prison to visit my father. I'm going to tell him to leave you the fuck alone." I tell her.

"Luke, there isn't any proof that it was him, nor will he admit it if it was him." She says, trying to persuade me to stay. I feel like I have to see my father. Not just to defend Zoey, but I feel like I have to look him dead in the eyes and tell him what a piece of shit he is.

"I'm going to see him." I tell her.

"Luke, please don't." She begs.

"I have to, baby. I'll be back. Promise." I assure her.

"Luke, do you want me to forgive you for what you said to me?" She asks me.

"Of course I do, baby, but-"

"Then don't see Mark." She cuts me off. I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I have to." I tell her.

"Then you and I are over. For good this time." She says calmly.

"I have to see him. I really, really hope you change your mind because I love you, but I have to see him." I tell her.

"Goodbye, Luke." She says and I sigh before leaving. She'll change her mind because I know that we're meant to be, so we will be together again.
...

"Do you have any metal on you beside the button on your jeans and your face piercings?" The guard asks as he prepares the metal detector wand thing.

"No." I reply.

"Okay, hold your arms out and widen your feet out a little bit." He tells me, so I oblige. After he finishes checking me, he escorts me to a room where I wait for him to get my father in here. After a few minutes, a guard brings my father in who is wearing an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs on his wrists and ankles. He looks at me and smiles humorously.

"Well, would you look at that. I knew you'd come around, son. Tell me, how's the bullet hole?" He laughs as he sits down across from me at the table. The guard remains in the room, standing by the door.

"Fuck off." I tell him.

"Hey, you came here to me. Obviously there's a reason you wanted to pay me a little visit." He smiles again.

"I came here to tell you to leave Zoey the fuck alone." I growl at him. He laughs.

"How am I not leaving her alone?" He asks.