Ch. 7

Amelia's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 months before

I wasn't having the best week. Not only was school stressing me out, but my busy mind wouldn't let me get a good nights sleep nor stop from aching. Plus, my time of the month has paid a visit. I needed like a year away on a wonderful holiday with Jeff. I just wanted to relax and eat food and cuddle the days away on a sunny island somewhere far, far away.

"Jeff, honestly, this week has been shit" I told my boyfriend "Like, can school please end already?"

He laughed on the other line "Babe, you just need to put everything away and go have a sixteen hour nap"

"Honey, I don't think sixteen hours counts as a nap"

"Just say it was an accident" He suggested and I could literally see him smirking

I snorted a laugh, rolling my eyes. Jeff is so the one to take a sixteen hour nap and blame it on being an accident when he totally just manages to sleep that long
"I'd be reported missing within the first five hours"

He laughed loudly "I'm coming over to yours anyway, I have a present for you"

I gasped "What is it?!" I exclaimed "Please be ice cream"

"It isn't, but I can get you that too"

My heart warmed at the kindness of my boyfriend "No, don't do that, I'll live. Just come on over, I'm excited now"

After bidding our goodbyes and telling him to drive safe I went and quickly tidied my bedroom a little bit. Shoving clothes anywhere they'd fit and flattening out the covers on my bed.
Ten minutes later and a knock on my front door sounded. I grinned instantly and ran to the door, swinging it wide open to reveal a smiling Jeff. My eyes traveled to what he was holding beside him a pet carrier

"What is that?" I asked, excitement soon covering your face as the tiny little bark of a puppy sounded from inside. I gasped, pulling Jeff inside. "You didn't"

He twisted his face into mock shame "I did"

I screamed with happiness as Jeff lifted the carrier down before opening it to reveal the cutest puppy you had ever seen "I'm going to cry"

 I picked the puppy up, turning it to face me, it's floppy ears killing my insides "It looks just like you!" I exclaimed, realization hitting you because it honestly did.

Jeff pouted "I'm cuter than him right?"

I held the puppy up against his face to compare "Oh no, the puppy is definitely cuter" I grinned cheekily, placing the wriggling baby onto the carpeted flooring "Why do you have him?"

"He's your surprise" Jeff grinned, sitting beside me on the ground "Because you've been sad" 

And I swear, I could have cried. I placed my head on his shoulder "You're so sweet"

He kissed my forehead then asked "What will you name him?" I began looking from the dog to Jeff over and over "Well I wanna do a Harry Potter name but I don't want it to be stupid. I'm thinking Albus"

"That's cute" He said with a smile

"Oh my god what is that?" My mom shrieked as she walked into the living room to see a dog

"It's a puppy. Look how cute he is" I said picking him up and hugging him

"You better not let that thing go number one and two on my new carpet" She said making Jeff laugh

"Babe, you warm my heart ugh" I said to Jeff sitting back down next to him

"I'm glad because you warm mine" He said making me smile