Chapter 1 After the Proposal

"Mom, I'm just saying I have other things to worry about than Logan." Rory tells Lorelai as her mom is hounding her as to why she turned down the proposal. "I'm just saying kid I don't want you to take after me in that department. I have ran from love all my life, I mean look how badly I messed up with Luke, I even married your dad as a rebound."     "MOM, you're rambling do you have a point? I've got to finish packing!" Rory snapped.
"Okay if you don't want to talk about it we don't have to but I'll leave you with this thought, if you're not completely sure that you made the right decision you will regret it your whole life kid." Lorelai walks out of Rory's room as tears start welling in Rory's eyes, she knows she made the wrong decision but she has goals that she wants to meet before settling down for good.
Meanwhile Lorelai has made a special trip to New York,
'knock 'knock 'knock
Logan answers the door to a very frustrated Lorelai.
"Lorelai! What's up is Rory okay?" Logan asks panicked, "no, no she's not she's hurting Logan, she's hurting very badly." Lorelai replied irritatingly.
"Whoe whoe now look she's the one that turned me down, she's the one that said no Lorelai, I'm hurting too I'm dead inside without her I love her for Christs sake!" Logan says with tears in his eyes. Lorelai looks at him sympathetically and tells him "I know she's the one who broke your heart but she also broke her own heart, she loves you she wants to marry you but she's scared Logan, she's afraid she will lose herself in you, that she will just be a Huntzbergers wife and she will have to give up on her dreams. I know that isn't what you expect of her, I haven't always been a fan of yours but I know you make my daughter happy and I want her to be happy, so fight for her don't give up on her Logan. If you love her as much as I know you do make it clear that you will not give up on her!"

"Good morning sunshine, sleep well?" Lorelai asks as she poors Rory a cup of coffee.
"Not really mom I leave tomorrow for the campaign and I miss Logan I just wish it wasn't all or nothing with him mom." Rory said beginning to tear up. "You told him you didn't want to marry him kid, how did you think he was going to respond?" Lorelai asked trying to be sympathetic at the same time. "I don't know mom i liked how things were I didn't want to change them yet."

As Rory and Lorelai celebrated with their friends and family in the town square Lorelai seen Luke and headed towards him as they embraced in a long meaningful kiss. "Luke I'm so sor.." "No Lorelai I'm the one who is sorry, I was an ass I handled the April situation wrong. I love you Lorelai and if you'll forgive me then I want you back." With tears in her eyes she replied "Luke we've both made mistakes of course I want you back, I love you too."

"I'm gonna miss you so much mom, what if I fail what if Mitchum was right what if I don't have it oh my god mom I can't do this." Rory started panicking. "Rory, Rory, settle down everything will be fine, you will be great. You have been preparing for this your whole life you've got to go kid they're about to leave." Rory gives Lorelai a big hug, as she turns around she almost runs right into Logan. "Whoa Ace you alright?" Rory stares blankly lost for words. "Rory I love you I can't lose you I'm sorry I said it was all or nothing I'll give you your time and if and when you're ready we can try again with a proposal but I can't lose you, I love you Ace." He kissed her on the cheek as she was still wordless and told her he'd give her time.