Chapter 14: 1st Birthdays

A month later Rory, Logan,  Elias, Finn, J.B. and Abi are in Stars Hollow for Wills 1st birthday. "I can't believe my baby brother is already 1." Rory said excitedly. "You're telling me it went by so quick I feel like I blinked and here he is all grown up." Lorelai laughed. "I think it's totally rad that Elias, Will, Steve, Kwan, Abi, and J.B. will all grow up together." April piped in. "I know right, to bad Abi is the only girl she's kind of out numbered." Rory laughed. "It's Colins turn, maybe he can give us another girl." Logan laughed. "I'll be a monkey's uncle the day Colin has a kid." Finn laughs. "Maybe sooner rather than later." April mumbles. "Wait what? Are you still talking to Steven? Did he say something?" Rory asked enthralled by April's statement. "Oops I'm not supposed to say anything Colin hasn't told anyone yet except Steven and he didn't mean to tell me." April says guiltily. "Well I'll be damned." Rory laughs. The party continues in full Lorelai Gilmore style and it's finally time for everyone to head home. "Mom today was so much fun." Rory said as she kissed her mom on her cheek and handed Elias to a waiting Luke. "Papa's boy yes you are." Luke coo'd at the baby. After goodbyes Logan, Rory, Finn, and the three babies head back to Hartford.

6 months later

"The party is all set Finn, everyone is supposed to show up around 2." Rory told Finn as she finished setting up for the twins birthday party. "Is that woman you've been seeing supposed to come?" She asked curiously. "No Rory I'm not seeing her anymore she said the thought of twins was unnerving." He laughed. "I'm okay being a single dad Ror, I promise I like my occasional fling that I have and I don't get lonely because I'm surrounded by all of you." He smiled knowing Rory worried about him. "Okay Finn."

After the party a few people were left sitting around hanging out, Robert, Lane, Finn, Colin, Becky, Rory and Logan. "Okay all the kids are out like lights." Rory said as she walked down stairs. "Thanks for letting me and the boys spend the night I didn't really want to drive back to Stars Hollow." Lane said.  "Anytime Lane, where's Zack tonight."  Logan said as he took a drink of his scotch. "Umm well he's in Stars Hollow but he's umm super busy tonight." She stuttered. "So Becky are you ready to have that baby girl out yet?" Rory asked changing the subject.  "Oh heaven's yes please." She laughed. "Just 2 more months." "Well only you left Robert the rest of us are parents or about to be so." Finn laughed. "I think I'll wait a little while longer." He laughed back.  They all kept laughing and talking and Rory pulled Lane into the kitchen with her. "So spill!" Rory told Lane. "What are you talking about?" Lane answered trying to avoid Rory's question. "Lane I've known you most of my life, what's going on with you and Zack?" Rory asked softly. "He's leaving me." Lane said with tears in her eyes. "What that that that butt faced miscreant." Rory said getting mad. "He met someone else on the road and says he misses not having the ties. He's going to have the boys when he's in town otherwise I have soul custody he's going to pay 580 a month in child support and I can keep the house were buying and I'll continue working at Luke's but mom wants me to work at Kim's Antiques also. She and dad are going to help with the boys." Lane let it all out. "Oh Lane I'm so sorry." Rory said as she hugged her tight.

5 months later

They throw a big blow out for Elias's 1st birthday and everyone is there they spend hours celebrating and enjoying themselves. "The kids are great together, they're all gonna grow up as close friends." Rory said happily. "We can only hope!" Finn added.

A.N. Colins baby girls Name is Jade Anabelle  McCrae.