Chapter 13

Finn stayed in the waiting room with his babies and made all the phone calls. "Finn where's Rory I didn't miss it did I?" Lorelai asked as she ran into the waiting room where Finn was sitting while feeding one twin and rocking the other in her carrier. "No, Logan came out about an hour ago and said she's progressing slowly she's in delivery room 5." Finn said barely looking up from Joseph. "Umm Finn who's kids?" Lorelai asked looking around for anyone else that they knew. "Mine. That's why we're in New York, I just found out their mother passed away and I'm their dad." He said with a glint of sorrow and happiness mixed together in his eyes. "Oh Finn." Lorelai said sweetly rubbing his arm. "I'm gonna go check on Rory Luke you wanna come?" "No I'll stay here with Finn." Luke answered back. "You don't like hospitals do ya Luke?" Finn asked him as he set Joseph in his car seat and realized both babies were asleep. "No I do not am I that transparent?" He asked. "No I just know the feeling" Finn laughed back they sat there talking for about 30 more minutes when Colin, Robert, Lane, Paris all staggered in and shortly there after Emily and Richard and Christopher and Lana and Honor and Josh came as well. Finn filled them in on his situation and on Rory and Eli and they waited.

15 long hours later 'Elias James Huntzberger' was born very healthy and happy, 6lbs 4oz 19 inches long. Rory had Logan and Lorelai stay in the room with her. She let everyone come in afterwords she asked specifically for Finn though. "Hey love how you doing? You look radiant." Finn said as he came in the room. "Finn don't lie, I'm good but very tired, you should get the babies home though instead of waiting on us I don't want your first days with your babies to be spent at the hospital." Rory said smiling at the man she seen as her big brother. "Oh darling, you should know with Lorelai, Emily, Honor, Lane and Paris those babies are probably better taken care of here than at home." He laughed "besides I am a donor to this hospital I've had a room with two cribs set up just next door to yours for me, Abi and J.B." "Oh Finn only you!" Rory laughed back. Finn kissed her on the forehead "Darling get some rest while you can." He headed back to his room where Lane was sitting with the twins. "Thank you Lane, I'll be texting you for those tips on twins that you promised me, and we should get the kids all together sometime soon. I figure with Zack on tour again you're probably in need of adult company." He smiled as he talked to her. "Of course Finn sounds great." Lane smiles as she kissed Finn on the cheek and headed over to tell Rory she would see her later because she needed to get back to Stars Hollow.
Everyone slowly departed including Luke and Lorelai who got Finns house key to go get every thing arranged at the house for them to come home the next day. Finn sat down with Logan while the three babies and Rory slept. "Hey mate I noticed the house next door to yours is for sale I think I am going to buy it that way I've got the help if I need it." He said quietly. "That's fantastic Finn great idea." Logan replied happily. "So hey what's Lane's story? I know she's married to Zack but he's gone so much and she seems kinda lonely." Finn said softly. "Finn I don't think that's a good idea!" Logan said. "Mate I'm just asking I mean it seems like he's making good money and taking care of Lane and the boys financially but not emotionally." Finn reiterated. They both just sat there for awhile. "Well the twins are up it's time for me to head back to Hartford make an offer on the house and hopefully find a nanny to help me." Finn laughed as he said his goodbyes to Logan, Rory and Eli.

The next day they get to go home and are greeted by everyone they love they spend hours cooing over Elias and then head home leaving Logan and Rory alone with their son in their home.