Matchmaking

It has been a few weeks since Callan first arrived, and I believe that he is settling in quite nicely. There is only one problem though, HE NEVER MEETS MY PARENTS! Lack of attention from parents = loneliness = SERENA DEEAATH! AHHHH! 

So I guess this calls for another emergency planning session...

May the "Make Callan Lovey Dovey With Family" planning session... Commence!

Okaaay... so I guess my role is something like a matchmaker then. Ooh, I've always wanted to be a matchmaker. Hmm... think of a way to make an opportunity for Callan and my parents to bond. What should I do though....

hmm...

uhh..

urg.

... 

Eh, whatever. I'll go visit my adorable little brother right now. Maybe he'll give me some inspiration.

"Nee-sama!" Callan rushed over and hugged me. I patted his head,

"I've brought some cookies!" I said. Don't get me wrong... I am usually NEVER the type to share my cookies... but I think that I should cherish my short amount of time with my brother while I can. Even if it means sacrificing my cookies. Is it just me or have I gotten more mature? I hope that I give off a reliable older sister vibe...

Callan shook his head. "I don't care about the cookies, I just wanted to see Nee-sama," he said. That's so... Awwww. I am never going to be able to distance myself from this furball.

I smiled down at him when he didn't let go. We have been spending a lot of time together recently because I didn't want him to be lonely. I'll fill in his loneliness in my parents' stead until I come up with a plan. 

When we separated, I sat down and poured myself some tea. I felt somewhat nostalgic watching the trees sway in the breeze. There were many flowers outside right now, and beautiful pink ones were blooming above me. They reminded me of cherry blossoms...

OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH! Eek! I'm such a genius! CHERRY BLOSSOMS = PICNIC! Picnic under the cherry blossoms = ultimate romantic/bonding time! Yaay!

"Nee-sama?" Callan asked, extracting me from my thoughts. 

"Yes?" I looked at him curiously, realizing for the first time that he seemed smaller than usual. Did I grow? Callan was looking at me weirdly. I wonder why. 

"Nee-sama... you have a foot in the cookies." I stared at him blankly before looking at my foot. I froze. NOOOO! My cookies! I stared at the cookies in a daze.

"Nee-sama? Nee-sama! NEE-SAMA! Are you alright?! I-I'm going to get Catherine okay? J-just don't move, you'll fall." Callan tearfully rushed away to get Catherine. Not that I noticed.

Catherine seemed to mysteriously appear. Not that I noticed.

Catherine was walking closer. Not that I noticed.

Catherine's hand was getting closer. Not that I no-

"NWWOOOOO! MWWAAAHH COOOOKIES!" I burst out, brought out of my reverie. Then as an afterthought I added, "NWWOOO! MWAAAH FACE!" Then another sting laced the other side of my face as both my cheeks became pink. 

"Catherine!" I whined. "That hurts!"

"That's what you get for worrying me and your brother half to death. And for jumping on a tea table. Make sure that you are careful coming down. That table is delicate and easily tips-"

"Bang!"

"Serena! Do you hear me?! Are you okay?! I'm going to go get help!"

"Nee-sama! A-are you alright! Please don't die Nee-sama! Nee sama!"

Hmm... my head feels fuzzy and warm, I thought. Then everything went dark.

...

...

...

"Can I go outside?"

"No."

"Can I get up?"

"No."

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"No."

"That's not humane! You don't have a heart!"

"No."

I sighed in exasperation at my predicament. It was a few days after my fall and I was currently confined to my bed. Apparently, I could not be trusted to not cause trouble just yet. I am perfectly trustable thank you very much! Even Callan said so! Although his eyes seemed full of pity... I will take what I can get. 

Speaking of Callan... it seems as though my brother has started getting along better with my parents lately. After my fall they even had a heart to heart conversation (or at least I think it was). It went like this.

Flashback

"You have gone though a lot. It must have been hard on you." my father patted Callan's head sympathetically.

"Thank you very much sir,"

"Ha ha ha... Call me Father. I'm sorry for dumping such a responsibility on you."

"To be honest, I find that responsibility quite enjoyable. Father." Callan added as an afterthought. My father laughed again.

"Yes. You have your work cut out for you. Do your best, and if you have any questions you are free to ask me anytime."

Callan bowed. "Thank you Father." 

Flashback End

I don't really get what they were talking about... but they seemed close. My father even said that Callan could see him anytime! I guess there's no more need for the cherry blossom picnic idea anymore.

Now that they're all lovey dovey... I guess I should start distancing myself from my brother. Siiigh. For some reason I feel as though I'm at a loss. I thought I'd be with him for a little bit longer... but I don't wanna die... Siiigh. I'm sorry my cute, adorable little brother... you're sister's going to start avoiding you... after today that is. I can't possibly ignore him when he is sleeping on the chair next to my bed, tired out from taking care of me all night. I'll start tomorrow. Yup, I will. Now let's got to sleep.