Get Out Of My Face

Lately, I have been seeing Prince Jared and the other capture targets every week for our annual matches. Although Jared just keeps on getting his but kicked, he still tells me to come back every time. I would worry that he was a masochist, but he wasn't in the game, so I don't think that the producers would allow even the slightest chance for THE prince Jared to have creepy tendencies. So, I guess that he reeaally wants to improve. It's a good thing though, because I always need some way to vent after dealing with Mira week after week. 

I was getting to the end of my patience, and I have to be extremely careful when I'm around her so that I don't blow. I don't know what the game characters had seen in the two-faced heroine. The capture targets around me only seemed to get increasingly incensed after several of her advances. 

Anyways, today was the day of the Queen's Birthday Banquet. I was currently being dolled up by my maids as they did my white blue hair in long ringlets that reached my back. They kept on going on about how they were going for the "classic" look, as they did my eye makeup dark with cat eyes and my lips were colored a dark red. Since my going to balls were so rare, the maids and my mother would make it into a large occasion, totally dolling me up with a new "look" every time. Last ball it was a fire theme, and the ball before that was a fairy theme. After looking at my outfits in the capital, apparently, it has become the  rage to now go for certain schemes when dressing up. My maids said that I could not let everyone down, so my outfits became  more and more extravagant as time passed.

When they were done, the ball had almost started

When they were done, the ball had almost started. They had done my makeup and outfit in such a way that my eyes and lips, the only parts on my body with color, popped. Everything but my pink-purple eyes and dark red lips were absolutely colorless, either black or white. They didn't need to do anything to my skin, because it was naturally fair, but I think that they did something to my hair to make it more white than blue. I twirled in the mirror, put on my boots that I hid in my dress, and left the house.

I arrived with my brother as my escort, and I was quite proud of the jealous glances that the other girls sent my way. He is my little brother. 

As we entered the ballroom, everything went silent, but used to it now, I bowed at the royal family then took my seat. The second I sat down I was immediately surrounded by other nobles crowding my personal space. I sighed in annoyance, exchanged pleasantries, and declined dances as politely as possible. Then, suddenly she appeared. I ignored her, for it would be quite a while before she would be able to go through the crowd surrounding me. Suddenly, the crowd parted like a wave. I glanced upwards, dreading the people walking through. The girls around me all burst into squeals and giggles as the second prince, Jared, and the twin heirs of the Brightwynn Archdukedom, Asher and Aaron walked through. When they approached, I dropped into a curtsey. Asher raised an eyebrow in surprise, while Aaron bowed back. Jared did a customary nod, and they all settled into the seats around me. I frowned slightly, those seats were meant for my family. Noticing my stare, Jared reassured me,