Fu. Fu. Fu

My hand trembled as I tried to finish writing on the paperwork I was assigned. For some reason, most of StuCo had other activities to attend to, so they couldn't make it this morning

I'm busy in the morning too!

I need to sleep!

I glanced towards a scene that absolutely terrified me.

Christian. Having a cordial conversation.

With Liam.

Remember Liam? That delinquent red head who dragged me of to meet with Chris against my will? Yeah, well he's also a part of StuCo. 

And no, its not like I have  grudge against him for abandoning me in a room alone with Chris. 

And no, I do not have any plans of taking revenge on him the second I'm not in the same room as the demon king.

No.

Of course not.

...

I tried to listen in on their conversation, which wasn't very hard due to the idiot's loudness. Maybe there was a secret technique to get the Demon King to talk to you without being murdered. Or, it could be some dirt I can use to blackmail the idiot.

Fu~ 

It's worth a try.

Unfortunately, the second I tried to lean in further, Liam glanced up, caught my gaze, then started to smirk. You could almost see the lightbulb moment popping up on top of his head. Oh no.

Liam waved to me, smiling wickedly. "Hey! Come over here!"

I started shaking my head furiously. No. Just, no.

Liam continued on as if he had not seen my BLATANT refusal. "There's nothing to be scared of.  This guy right here is just a little shy."

Chris raised an eyebrow threateningly. "I'm WHaT."

Liam continued on as if he had not heard him. It must be good to be dense. "But he's actually a pretty good guy at heart."

" ... I'm waiting for some kind of punchline."

"He's also super smart. If you have any questions he s the person you want to go to."

"I think I'm going clinically insane." Christian seemed to be eyeing the unfamiliar redhead warily.

"Plus he's a real softie once you get to know him."

"And here it is. That's a relief."

 "Like this one time when we were kids-"

"Fu. fu. fu~"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!"

I stared fascinated and horrified at the scene that unfolded before my eyes. One part of me felt sympathetic, while another part of me was thinking....

TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

REVENGE BIIIIIIITCH

KLGHLJHGJLGLKHLKKH;LHG.

Buuuut, the majority of me was sweating, pale faced and wide eyed in horror at the demon in front of my eyes.

I gulped as the demon turned around to face me with a brilliant smile in his face. "You never saw any of that. Got it?"

I nodded dumbly. There was no way that I was so terrified that my legs were quaking and I wanted to run home to mommy, right? 

RIGHT. 

OF COURSE NOT. 

.....................................

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Finally. This hour of hell is over. 

I picked up my pen to do the last signature when I heard a cough. I reluctantly turned around to face the devil, awaiting my death. Another bead of sweat dripped off of my forehead onto the paper I was working on. With the rate that I was pouring sweat, I was afraid that the papers would be drenched by the time Christian stopped his glares at me. Christian raised an eyebrow at my terrified appearance and heaved a large sigh. He held out a handkerchief to me. 

I froze.

Was it poisoned? Drugged? Or perhaps it was a cursed object that would torture me in my mind for the rest of eternity?!

He sighed once again, exasperated. "Just take it."

I hesitantly reached out and grabbed it tentatively. He's giving it to me? 

Could it be possible that Christian Ackolyd was being nice? That he was actually a good per- 

"You smell horrible and are getting water all over my work. Clean up the mess that you made." He said those poisonous words while he smiled so brilliantly that it made him look like a heavenly child with flowers in the background.

He. Is. The. Devil.

Deep breaths, Serena. Deep breaths. You are a mature, grown up noble lady. Deep breaths.

I tried to smile as elegantly as I could without my face twitching. "Wow, look at the time. I must leave. Good day."

"Yes. Good day."

I felt his eyes watching me leave. Three more steps, just three- "You did worse then average, but you're tolerable." I halted from my procession to the door in shock.

Did he just compliment me?

"Barely."

That's still a good thing... I think.

"Actually, if I look at it objectively, not really."

... I'm not even sure what to think anymore

He seemed to be contemplating something. "Hm... Correction."

Urggggghhh. WHAT IS IT NOW?! 

He tapped his chin, looking as though he was pondering on something deeply, until his eyes lit up. "You're actually about as tolerable to me as that spider on your head is to you."

"THERES A SPIDER ON MY HEAD! AHHHHHHHHHH!"

Swat.

"..."

"..."

"You... Got bug guts. On. My. Carpet."

"..."

Hm? It seems oddly cold in here. I wonder what it is? I gulped and gathered my courage to look up into Chris's eyes, which I quickly regretted, and felt a chill run up my spine.

ABORT! ABORT!

He was smiling brilliantly, almost reminiscent of the sun. I froze up and sweat started to drip off of my forehead.

Oh god. Have I died and gone to heaven this time? Please say I have gone to heaven this time. Yes. That's it. This is just a cherubic angel that came to take me up to heaven after my death. Definitely not a sadistic, conniving, capture target that scares the bejeebies out of me. 

Nope. 

Of course not.

I had just about finished convincing myself of that until I heard chuckles coming out of the angel that terrified me.

"Fu. fu. fu~"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Nope. Not Dead.

...

...Yet.