Chapter 6. First Impressions

Nino's POV

Ever since I have been carrying around that jade bracelet around my wrist, I have a vague feeling that someone's been staring at me. And that someone is Wayzz, in case you are wondering. 

I took a sharp intake of breath, shuddering, just as Ms. Bustier wrote down another subject-verb agreement that made my head feel dizzy. 

I looked behind, catching a glimpse of Wayzz. 

A stalker knows a stalker. 

He was a skilled expert, I knew that. He didn't have his book propped up like an amateur—that just throws off everything and alerts the teachers—but simply had his books laid out. His notes scribbled all over them, it looked like a straight A-student. 

But I saw his eyes deftly scanning the whole room, hiding under his fringes. 

Then those creepy green eyes were glaring right at me. 

Okay, he was starting to give me creeps now. 

Beside him, Trixie glanced at me and then nudged Wayzz sharply enough to make him twitch vibrantly. He took those creepy green eyes off me and had a silent eye-battle with Trixie now. In the end, he lost. 

Trixie then looked at me and fake-smiled at me to reassure. 

But it gave me even more creeps. 

If Trixie can win a silent eye-battle against a enchanted creature with wisdom leaking from his eyes and not budge, she must be some sort of goddess. Literally. 

Alya nudged me by the elbow, "Are you checking out Trixie?" Her eyes were filled with sparkling excitement. 

"What? No," I raised an eye brow. 

Alya rolled her eyes. "Just an advice, she's not what you think she is." 

I opened my mouth to say something. We all have the moment when you want something to interrupt you right? Well, have you ever had an Akuma as your interruption? Because I had and I can tell you all about it. 

Sand. 

Lots and lots of sand. 

It was a massive tornado, all hurtling in the school's direction. It marched right in, cracking the windows, and swirling in the air, filling the air with thick sand. 

"An Akuma!" Wayzz yelled at the top of his lungs. 

Under the teacher's instructions, the students all obediently followed out and by the time we were at the cafeteria, I managed to lose everyone with Wayzz among the thick sand.