Chapter 11. 1945

August 6, 1945—Japan, Hiroshima

Wayzz's POV

"Trixx, you are not just leaving these people," I ordered, hurling a finger in her direction. "Tikki said it herself that something bad was going to happen here. And we're not just abandoning our post." 

"I'm not saying that," Trixx argued back, her violet eyes gleaming. her mouth was tight thin line. "Don't you think that trying to thwart this whole thing would be better? Like figuring out what exactly is trying to kill them?" 

I looked at her, crossing my arms. "I'm not letting you go," I said firmly. "You're not going to die under my watch." 

"Oh my plague, I'm not going to die so just shut up!" Trixx yelled at me, her hair seemingly floating from her rage. "I'm just trying to help instead you making me to stupid errands to keep me busy." 

"Trixx," I softly complained. "I can't afford to losing you." 

Trixx's expression momentarily softened. She touched my cheek. "I'm not going to die," she whispered. 

"Good," I replied, smirking. "Because then it'll be me arranging the funeral you know?" 

Then she turned around and ran away like hell was loose. I watched her disappear into the streets. There really wasn't anything I can do right now to stop her from running off. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. 

"Wayzz!" 

I turned around to see Plagg running at me with full speed, his face consorted with shock and fear. Before he could come crashing into me, I grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him, and cried, "What? What did Master Fu say?" 

"You guys have to run," Plagg panted. "We can't stop this. This is bigger than anything we've ever faced." 

"Plagg, it's World War II, we expected this," I calmly said, shaking him. 

"No, it's not," Plagg shook his head. "We can't stop this one, Wayzz. You have to run. Go get Trixx. Nothing can stop this. We can't do it. No one can."  

I gritted my teeth, grimacing. If this was something that big . . . my eyes shifted to the villagers and kids on the street. It was a quiet town, with lively people bustling with fear from the constant air raids and explosions. I wanted to protect them. I couldn't just leave. 

"Make sure you're out of here by an hour," Plagg warned, than ran off the direction he came. 

I couldn't make myself to do it. There was something about the children's smile. I couldn't leave them. But I couldn't stay either. 

Trixx. 

Her name flashed in my mind. I definitely couldn't leave without her. No matter what.