Chapter 8. The Perfect Day

Trixx's POV

Okay. I've calmed myself. I'm still learning how to control my temper, but at least I'm a lot better than before. At least I hope so. Wayzz made me this weird tea that was supposed to subdue my emotions. 

"Hey, how come you always come to school with Wayne?" Alya asked me as I opened my locker. 

I stashed my backpack. "Uh, I don't know, some crazy coincidence. We apparently live in the same direction." 

"Where do you live? I mean, being a Kwami and all . . . do you like, how a magic chamber or something?" Alya asked, her eyes gleaming. 

"Yeah, I live in the forest with my fox friends," I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my history textbook. 

"Oh, what class do you have next?" Alya asked cheerfully, her fingers dancing on the phone screen. 

I smiled back, waving my history book. 

That's when someone walked up to us, with 'awkwardness' written all over his face. I felt pity for him. Sympathy. The kind that I was sure Wayzz felt for me all the time. 

Nino took a deep breath. "I just wanted to say that I was sorry," he softly mumbled, his eyes staring at the ground. "I shouldn't have said those hateful things to you. I know that you are fond of Volpina." 

High school is a mini version of life. 

Alya playfully punched him in the shoulder, "Man, we're over it, big boy. You can relax." 

Nino brightened up. "Really?" 

Alya dropped her smile and snapped, "Of course not." Then she walked off. 

Sometimes I wonder if I really know Alya. I think no. I really admired the way she confidently stated her opinion, whether or not the whole school was staring at you. Why couldn't I just be confident like her? 

"Go talk to her," I urged. "I'm really fine. I was just a little . . . anxious yesterday. I'm fine now." Alya needed him more than me. 

Just as Nino was about to follow Alya, I grabbed his arm and asked, "Hey, did Wayne ask you to do this?" 

Nino shrugged, "If you call punching a wall 'asking', sure." Then he walked off, calling Alya's name and waving desperately. 

Punching? 

Seriously? 

I tucked in my history book. I glanced at the textbook one more time before opening my locker and throwing it in casually. Slamming the locker, I grabbed my denim jacket and slung it on. I wasn't in the mood for school this morning and I found the perfect solution. If Wayzz can punch a wall, I can skip a school.