twelve

"So are you two a thing?" Savannah asks as she takes a bite of ice cream. I just shrug my shoulders because I don't know what we are. He confessed his feelings for me and I confessed mine to him, but we never said what we are. I guess I'll have to talk to him about that.

"Oh come on, Leigh. He had to have said something."

"He told me he liked me but not what we are. He also maybe have mentioned taking me out." I explain more into detail before getting up to throw away my trash. She follows me to the trash can.

"Do you like him and if so does he know?" She questions.

"Yes and yes. Now stop being nosey." I joke as we exit the building of our favorite ice cream shop. She rolls her eyes playfully as we get into her car.

"I'm your best friend. I'm suppose to be nosey, Blakely." She reminds me. I shake my head at her and grab the aux cord. I blare The Sound by The 1975 which is one of our favorite to jam to.

"I KNOW THE SOUND OF YOUR HEART!" Savannah screams out, using her hands to act as if her heart is beating.

"BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" I shout at her. She laughs at me for freaking out so I stick my tongue out at her.

The drive back to my house is longer then usual due to traffic. It's about five thirty which is the time that most people are heading home from work so that's most likely the reason.

"Can you believe Christmas is almost here?" Savannah asks as we enter my warm house. I shake my head as we pass Dustin snoring on the couch and up the stairs.

I place my keys on my desk and place my purse on the floor before flopping on my bed. Savannah follows along and we lay there staring at the ceiling.

"When's your date?" She asks me.

"What's today?" I ask.

"Monday."

"Tomorrow." I tell her and she practically squeals with excitement. I am quite confused when she pulls me up in a sitting position and opens my closet.

"Please let me help you chose an outfit!" She begs. I roll my eyes at her before nodding my head, letting her take all control because 'helping' is 'demanding' in her world.

Ten minutes later she has an entire outfit laid out. Apparently it's supposed to be really cold here in Jersey and also a chance of snow. She picked me out a dark gray sweater with a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and booties with a thick heel. It's almost like my everyday outfit except a bit nicer and more out together thanks to my crazy friend.

"Maybe we should add in some color." She hums, examining the outfit.

"You know I'm not too bit on color." I tell her, pulling my lips into a tight line while trying to pull her away from my closet.

"Okay well at least lets do this white turtle neck instead of the gray sweater. That's really dark." She begs and I nod my head. For someone who isn't going to be wearing the outfit, she sure is making sure it's perfect spot on.

After figuring it out, I put the outfit back into my closet and shut it. I make sure to warn Savannah not to open it back up before she picks out a completely different outfit.

Theres a knock on my bedroom door before I shout for whoever it is to come in. The door slowly opens and Grayson's beautiful self comes into view. He gives me a soft smile before waving at Savannah.

"Hey." I softly say to him.

"Hey, what are you guys doing right now?" He asks.

Savannah and I look at each other and than back at him.