|3|

His footsteps continued down the stairs until he successfully made it to my room. He slammed open the door and you could tell he was upset.

"God aren't you ever gonna regret saying that s**t!" He said, frowning. I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed.

"Get upstairs." He ordered. I sighed and stayed on my bed.

"Being with you is a big enough punishment, I'm okay." I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall. Brendon took a deep breath in, and I tried to contain my laughter.

"Fine, have it your way." He put his hands up in surrender. "But don't think about leaving this room for the rest of the night, until I tell you to."

He left the room, slamming the door behind him. I raised my eyebrow and smiled, leaning against the wall and just biting my nails.

I get some time to myself now. He really thinks that he's punishing me? If anything, he's rewarding me.

I started thinking of a way to escape. I could use the bobby pin in my hair to pick the lock, it depends if Brendon locked the door or not.

Then I could sneak up the stairs and go out the front door, and book it, shoes or not.

I took a deep breath in and got up, going to the door. I placed my hand on the knob and turned it, figuring that it's locked.

I took the pin out of my hair and bent down, making eye level with the knob. I took the pin out of my mouth and shoved it into the lock, fiddling with it until the door unlocked, which it did.

I slowly opened the door, trying not to make it creak. I stepped out quietly and looked around, trying to see if Brendon was out there somewhere.

I snuck upstairs slowly, trying to make no noise while going up the stairs. I heard him watching TV upstairs in the living room, so I'm pretty sure I was fine. I got to the door peacefully, bolting out right after.

I ran on the grass, which turned out to be a bad idea because I tripped over the sprinkler. I turned on my back and tried getting up. Brendon's silhouette came out of the door and walked towards me. I backed up until I felt I was on the sidewalk.

Brendon's shoes clacked on the steps until he got on the grass and they started crunching instead.

"Well well well, looks like you broke, yet, another rule." He became more visible, and he seemed to have a knife in his hand. His voice was surprisingly calm. His figure on top of me sent an uncomfortable shiver down my spine. But I bit my lip, fighting off the urge to think he's cute right now.

"Don't kill me," I said, causing Brendon to laugh.

"Don't tell me what to do."

He put the knife in a holster of his, bending down, grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

"Now you're really gonna get it, attitude or not." He said through gritted teeth.

"And it would be?" I raised my eyebrow, getting up and walking with him to the house, only because I didn't want to get stabbed.

"Well, I'm thinking, this is pretty major. Umm..."

"Umm, you can make me hang out with you, that would kill me." I mumbled, knowing he heard it but not caring.

"Great idea! You seem like a shy kid! I can make you do something embarrassing in front me." He smiled. Damn, why'd I give him that idea?

"But what could I do? What could I do?" He started thinking intently, creeping me out.

"I got it, you have to sing an entire song in front of me, now cmon, you have one minute to think of the song, or I choose." Wow, my anxiety is gonna hate this. I don't like doing stuff in front of people. I started shaking, and Brendon noticed.

"Cmon, I won't judge." I can't believe I was letting him get the last word like this.

"You're minute starts now, and it can't be inappropriate." He ordered, making me shiver as he shoved me into the living room.

"Oh times up!" He gave me a fake smile.

"What the hell?! It was only like six seconds." I said.

"The timezone from the living room and the front yard are a minute apart, sorry. And since you didn't choose a song, I pick." I clenched my fists.

"Um, how about a good song...? Believer by Imagine Dragons sounds good!" He smiled, leaning back in the chair and placing his leg on his other one.

"Uhh, uhh." I kept on stuttering, scared crap less to sing in front of Brendon. How could he manipulate me like this?

"Those aren't the words." He scoffed. Suddenly, I did something I didn't want to do at all in front of him.

I had an anxiety attack.

I fell on the floor and started crying, trying to catch my breath and not pass out.

"What's going on?" Brendon asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Anxiety attack." I choked out. Brendon stayed calm, but picked me up and carried me downstairs.

"Here." He passed me a pill. I furrowed my eyebrows but snatched it out of his hand and swallowed it.

"Wow, for all you know that could be cyanide. I could have easily killed you." He chuckled, but I gripped my stomach in pain.

"I honestly don't care if I die or not right now," I said between breaths as I started calming down.

"It also said aspirin on the pill," I said, yet again, between breaths and tears. Brendon started rubbing my side, acting just a little nice to me.

"You know, you don't have to sing anymore, this anxiety attack must be embarrassing enough for you."

I flipped over after I regained control of my breathing.

"So you just wanted me to embarrass myself?" I asked, giving off an annoyed tone.

"Exactly, and now I think you don't want to disobey me again. Am I right?" He asked, cocking his head, causing a piece of hair to fall out of place.

My OCD kicked in and I moved it.

"I don't want to."