|11|

Sarah's POV

I saw Brendon and Faelecia hug , and knew my work was done, but I still needed to fix the little problems they had in between them.

"Look at you guys. Hugging and everything. That's great and all, but it seems that there are tiny little problems that are making mountains out of mole hills, and I can see it. We will need to resolve that." I informed them.

They both broke their hug and looked at me with dumb founded expressions.

"Here's what I mean. The both of you sit in your original spots please." Faelecia let go of Brendon and sat down beside me.

"So, I noticed that it wasn't just the dream that made you upset, Faelecia. And Brendon, you seem really upset, and not just because Faelecia had the dream. There's something making you guys not get along." I remarked. Faelecia looked at me, slowly nodding.

"I have something to contribute to that." She said, practically whispering.

"Go for it."

"Well, no offence Brendon, but he has a quick change of emotions a lot. Like one moment we'll be laughing and having fun, and then in the blink of an eye, he's death glaring me and looks like he wants to severely hurt me. Kinda like a bipolar man, not saying you don't or do have it." She seemed to really want Brendon to know she doesn't want him to take offence, which I thought was cute.

Faelecia was a sweet kid.

Brendon raised his hand. Ok guys, this isn't a classroom, but whatever!

"Brendon?"

"Well, I usually do that because you'll say something that makes me upset, and I think it's pretty clear that I get upset easily, if you haven't already noticed. So if my sudden change of attitude affects you, then I'm sorry, but I can't control it." He apologized.

Faelecia looked at him and smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Got it."

"Now, Sarah, can I talk to you for a moment?" Brendon grit this teeth.

Perfect example.

"Yes of course!" I smiled, hoping to turn his hard expression into a smile.

Nope.

His expression remained the same.

Brendon took my hand, squeezing it and bringing me to the kitchen.

"You need to stop bossing me around like this. You're sending her a message that I'm gonna be softer towards her. I can't! I have to be strict. Yes, sometimes I'll be able to pass a joke or two, but other than that, I enforce the rules here, not her!" He whisper-yelled.

"Okay, well first of all: Ow! Don't need to squeeze my hand that hard. And second of all: she's thirteen! She doesn't deserve the behaviour you're giving her! All I'm telling her is that maybe, you might be a little more respectful towards her, until she gets used to you. Then you can go back to your normal self. I'm not saying go completely soft, but don't be the way you usually are, act the way you act to her when I'm here, alright! Now I'll go talk to her if you want, and tell her that you're gonna be a little nicer towards her, but still pretty strict." I stomped away from Brendon, my heels clacking on the floor as I walked over to the couch where Faelecia was.

"Faelecia, can I talk to you?" I asked, getting a response from her, which was a head nod. I gently took her hand, unlike Brendon who crushed my hand just to yell at me.

We went to the basement where we had our first session.

"So, Brendon and I had a little talk. He told me that he was gonna try and be nicer towards you, but he still might be strict, so if he's being a little more serious, that means that he wants you to listen. Okay?" I asked, making her nod her head.

"What happens if he's being strict twenty four seven?" She asked.

"Well, here's my number, call me if you ever have to." I ripped a piece of paper of my clip board and wrote the number to my cell on it.

"I don't have a phone, Brendon threw it in the forest and he doesn't have a house phone." I ran out of ideas on how to contact her.

"How about this, I call Brendon everyday, and ask to talk to you. If you tell me something's wrong, I'll come over and talk to you, how does that sound?" I said, proud of my idea.

Faelecia smiled and nodded.

"That's an amazing idea!"

I smiled and we both went upstairs. Brendon was sitting on the couch, just on his phone.

I walked over to him and took his phone in one hand.

"Wh-wait! Unfair!" He whined.

"You be nicer and as less strict as you can be, you understand me, young man?" I said, holding his phone above my head.

"What?! I'm older th-"

"I said do you understand me young man?" I hardened my tone. Brendon rolled his eyes, scoffed and nodded.

"I understand."

"Good." I gave him his phone and was about to walk out.

"I'm older than you!" He yelled.

"I'm February of nineteen eighty-seven. You're April of eighty-seven!" I said, giving Faelecia a hug before walking out.

It's always fun having the last word against Brendon, considering how stubborn he is.