Chapter Sixteen

(WARNINGS: Hospitals and mentions of attempted suicide)
(THANK YOU FOR OVER 4K READS I LOVE YOU ALL)

Evan's body was wracked with sobs as he called 911, holding Connor in his arms. He had done his best to bandage the cuts and was putting pressure on it as he panicked into the phone. He was forced to stay on call with the operator as he sobbed and pleaded for Connor to wake up, his body shaking hard.

He vaguely processed the sound of the front door opening before Connor was taken from his arms and he screamed, sobbing and breaking down. He begged and pleaded to ride in the ambulance, in the back with Connor, but he was put in the front with a blanket as they drove to the hospital. He stared at his hands, his bloody hands.

'The blood of your boyfriend, Evan,' He thought, 'Your boyfriend who tried to kill himself, and you weren't there to stop him-' He cut off his thought process as the ambulance stopped at the hospital. He had no time for self-pity, Connor needed him. He followed behind the medics as they wheeled Connor into a room. He was stopped from entering and was quickly sent to the waiting room, where he was called up to fill out information on Connor.

A woman in scrubs smiled at him before letting it drop at the sight of his shakey frame and horrified face. She looked at the file and grimaced before giving him a pitying look.

"He'll be okay. Can you tell me his name and date of birth?" He told him, staring at a speck of dirt on the counter as he spoke. He looked at the name tag on her scrubs and back at her face.

"Ms. Sawyer, can you- can you page my mom down...? " She nodded and quickly called down Heidi, who was rushing through the doors in a metter of five minutes. Evan had finished filling out Connor's details as she ran in.

Heidi was about to speak before seeing his bloody clothing and hand, seeing the scared look on his face, and seeing how hard he was shaking. She took hin over to a secluded area of the waiting room and held him close as he sobbed into her shoulder, telling her all he knew. She rubbed his back and stared at a wall with hollow eyes, remembering months ago when Evan had....

Evan had taken a job over the summer as a junior park ranger and would go to the woods every day. At that point, the doctors only thought he had anxiety, so he was only on anxiety medication. Her son had gotten to such a low point in his mental state that one day, he went to the woods...

And jumped.

He had jumped off the highest branch on a tree, only breaking his arm and nothing else. He had been taken to the hospital once someone found him and lied, saying that he had fallen. Only when she had asked again a month later did he tell her. It broke her heart but she had been there for him as much as she could since.

Heidi was snapped out of her thoughts as a voice spoke.

"Family of Connor Murphy? "