Chapter Nineteen

(I've spent like 5 days rewriting this i hate this. THANKS FOR 11K READS THO.)

It had been a few days since Connor had awoken. Evan had been there every day, Zoe dropping in once or twice. She was almost done with school, even though it didn't end till June. She told Connor that she had gotten another job and was planning to move out by the end of the month, having already found an apartment and a roommate (Her girlfriend, Alana!).

Currently, Connor was playing on his old gameboy, doped up on pain medication as his wounds continued to heal.  A soft knocking came from the door as he looked up, seeing Evan walking in with a bag from Mcdonalds.

'Man,' Connor thought, smiling, 'How lucky am I. I got a cute boyfriend bringin' me Mcdonalds hashbrowns.'

"Yeah, and this cute boyfriend spent like 10 bucks this week alone on them." Evan huffed and put the bag next to him, kissing his cheek, "But that's okay. As long as it makes you happy."

Connor gave a sheepish smile. "I said all that aloud?" Evan nodded, sliding into the bed next to him and resting his head on his shoulder. Connor kissed his cheek and went back to playing his game, enjoying the peaceful moment between the both of them.

◇♡◇♡◇

A week passed before Connor was released from the hospital. The doctor had lifted the Baker Act after seeing him recover a bit with the help of Evan and Heidi. He had been told to seek psychiatric help as soon as he could and he planned to after a few days of relaxing with his boyfriend.

The car ride home was quiet, the only sound being the radio playing softly. Although it was silent, it wasn't tense or awkward. It was peaceful and Connor enjoyed it. He knew the happiness of the car would most likely falter once life hit him again, but he didn't want to think about it. Not right now.

Once they got home, Evan help Connor to their shared room and put him in the bed, heading to the bathroom to fix himself up before bed. Connor smiled to himself as he enjoyed the familiar scent and feel of the bed, nuzzling the pillow and sighing.

"God..." He closed his eyes, blocking out intrusive thoughts as Evan walked back into the room. The bed dipped and arms wrapped around his waist, smooth lips pressing against his own chapped ones.

Evan missed this, he missed holding Connor and kissing him, missed having silence and privacy of their room. He missed Connor. He cupped the taller one's cheek gently, his eyes slipping closed as he relaxed for the first time in a week.

Each time he kissed Connor, it was like their first all over again. Sparks flickered and warmth fluttered through his chest, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink and his hands shaking slightly. He didn't want to mess this up, even now, even after months of dating.

Connor was the first to pull away, taking Evan's hand and kissing the palm gently before looking up at him with soft eyes. Evan flushed dark at his next words.

"Can I, uh-" His face flushed, "Can I make love t-t-to you?"