Fifty Seven

It's December 29th, 2018 and Aliyah is going to be at the apartment in 2 minutes. I'm wearing a grey sweatshirt that says 'What If...", ripped jeans, black high top Converse, and a phone case that says, 'Happiness in the little thing'.

", ripped jeans, black high top Converse, and a phone case that says, 'Happiness in the little thing'

It's 10:33 and Ethan and I are sitting on the bar stools drinking coffee while I wait for Aliyah. "What day are you guys going back to Georgia?" I ask him and take a sip of my coffee. "We leave on the sixth because we have to be back shooting the movie on the seventh." He explains.

"I'm going to miss not have you guys here." I tell him and look into his eyes. "I'm going to miss being here with you too, but think about it. The next time we see each other, we'll be getting married." He says with a smile before kissing me.

"That is a great way to look at it." I tell him before my phone dings. It's a text from Aliyah saying she's here. "I have to go, but Why Don't We (Corbyn is my favorite. Let me know who your favorite band member is) do something tonight?" I ask him.

"Okay, when do you think you'll be home?" He asks. "Just to be safe, I'm going to say 8 o'clock but I'll let you know." I reply. "Okay, have fun." He says before kissing me; and I get up. I walk towards the door as I text Aliyah that I'm coming down now.

I open the door and walk out and close it behind me. I walk down the hall to the elevator. I push the button and wait for it to come up here. Once the door opens, I step in and I press the lobby button. I feel the elevator go down before the doors open and I step out.

I wave to the door man as I walk across the lobby and walk out of the building. Aliyah is parked up front and she is texting someone. I knock on the glass, scaring the hell out of her. I open the passenger door and slide in.

"You must have been very focused on who you were texting if you don't see me at your window when I walked up." I say while buckling up. "I was texting my roommate." She tells me while biting her bottom lip. "Okay..." I say knowing she's hiding something.

She always bites her lip when she's lying and or hiding something. Aliyah starts to drive and she has 80s music playing. (I honestly like 80s music better than the 21st century crap that plays now a days).

After driving for about five minutes of chit chat, Aliyah passes the exit that takes you to the mall. "Aliyah, you passed our exit." I tell her. "I know, I want to do something else first." She says and she pulls into a strip mall.

She parks and says, "You have to close your eyes and I'm going to lead you to where we're going. Okay?" She asks. "Okay," I say opening my door and closing my eyes. I hear her open her door and then shut it.

Suddenly, she takes my arm and helps me out of the car. She tells me to step onto a sidewalk and we walk for like a minute until she opens a door and we step into a store. "You can open your eyes now."

I open my eyes and we're in a tattoo shop. "Why are we here?" I ask her confused. "I decided to get a tattoo." She says with smile. "Okay, do you want me to wait in the seating area, or should I come back with you?" I ask.

"How about to come back when I'm about to be tattooed and not look and what he's doing." She says. "Than just let me know when you're ready." I say and walk over to the couch. I take out my phone, so that I can distract myself.

I have a text from Aaron.

Aaron: EMMA!

Something must be wrong.

Emma: What's the matter?!

Aaron: I just landed at Newark.

OH MY GODS!

Emma: That's amazing. Where are you staying?

Aaron: I'm actually stay with Aliyah and her family.

Why didn't she tell me?

Emma: Okay well, you should stop back my apartment. Ethan and Grayson will be glad to see you.

Aaron: I will. 

"Emma, come on over." Aliyah calls.

Emma: I have to go. Aliyah's calling me.

I get up, fix myself and put my phone in my pocket. I walk over to the chair where she is sitting and it looks like she's having her upper arm tattooed. "Sorry, I was texting Aaron. How come you didn't tell me he was coming over?" I ask confused.

"Oh because I wanted him to tell you." She says with a smile. "Okay." I say and the man says, "One, Two, Three", before he starts to tattoo her. She grips my hand very hard, but then lets go after about 5 seconds.

"I think I might get a tattoo." I say after thinking about it. "What are you going to get?" She asks and the guys is moving her arm. 

-------------

.....