Sixty One

It's New Years Day and my Mom, Dad, Luke, Ashley, London, Grandma Sally, Grandpa Paul, Alex, Matthew, Dylan, James, Grace, Jackson, Ryan, Henry, Ella, Lucy, Autumn, Ethan, Grayson, Cameron, Lisa, Sean, Thalia, Aliyah, Jason, Piper, Aaron, Ethan, Grayson and I are at Luke and Ashley's house.

Along with it being New Years Day, it's also Ryan's 19th birthday. He doesn't want a party or anything big, so we all just slept over at Alex's because that's what he wanted, all of us being together. Luke and Ashley's cooks are making a massive New Years and birthday breakfast for us.

It's 9 o'clock and Grayson, Ethan, Luke, Ashley, London, Alex, Matthew, Dylan, James, Grace, Autumn, and I are up. I got dressed for the day because later we are going to lunch and I don't want to be the reason that we are late.

I'm wearing cashmere sweater dress, black leggings, black Uggs, a Rolex, red lipstick, I have black leather purse, and a yellow phone case on my phone.

Ethan and I are cuddling by the fire on one couch and Grayson and Autumn are cuddling on another. I just had the most amazing idea. "Ethan," I whisper in his ear. "Yes?" He asks. "I think for when Aliyah and Aaron's baby is born we should get them a puppy." I really think that they'll love it.

"I think that's a good idea, but who will the puppy live with? As far as I know, they plan on staying in their current places and that's on two different parts on LA." He points at a fair point. "How about I sneakily ask her that when she's woken up and has time to wipe the sleep from her eyes." I suggest a solution.

"Okay, you do whatever you want." Is his reply before my phone dings. I have a text from Lucas, Sean's friend.

Lucas: Hey Emma, I know we haven't spoken in a while, but you need to come to California.

I'm very confused.

Emma: Why? What's the matter?

Lucas: Sean's entire family has been murdered, and the funeral is soon and also the lawyer that is taking care of the trial wants to speak to you at the trial.

I'm still confused and now I'm furious.

Emma: WHAT? I WAS SPEAKING TO ASHLEY LAST NIGHT! WHY?

Lucas: I don't know, I'm also needed for the case. It must have happened afterwards than.

Emma: Okay, I'll fly in within the week. What day is the funeral?

Lucas: Thursday, the third.

Emma: I'll be there.

"Ethan, I need to fly to California tonight or tomorrow morning." I tell him clicking my phone off. "Why? What happened since we finished our conversation two minutes ago?" He sounds just as confused as I did two minutes ago.

"Lucas-Sean's friend that I met at his funeral-just texted me saying that Sean's entire family was murdered and that the funeral is on Thursday and I'm wanted for their trial." I explain to him with a frown. "Okay, than I'm coming with you, even if it delays the movie process." Ethan replies.