V

Lucifer's POV

I led my sweet Carrier to the dinning room carefully, never letting go of his hand. He seemed shell shocked, his eyes were unfocused, his face slack, and he followed my pullng on his hand slowly and unsteadily. I'm not sure what sent him into this state, but I think it was me. It happened when I explained exactly what I was planning, what I expected and hoped to happen in this relationship. He just checked out, and I'm afraid to say anything, I don't want to scare him. He could hurt himself. But I'm also unsure about leaving him in this state. This hasn't happened in a very long time. I am always sure and confident in everything I do.

Once I sat him in the chair like the most precious thing I've ever handled, which he is, and he still didn't react, I decided to break his daze.

"Christian? Are you alright?" As I expected, he jumped like I electrocuted him. He jerked sideways, hitting his knee on the table, sending his glass flying with his hand, slamming his head into the back of the chair and tipping it over. Ah the usefulness of demonic powers. Not a drop of his drink spilled, nor did the glass break, and his chair settled like it never moved. He stared at me wide-eyed.

"What the hell?" I could hear his heart pounding away.

"I didn't mean to startle you, but you were starting to scare me. You were deep in your thoughts." He blinked owlishly at me, then nodded his head slowly, locking his eyes onto his plate.

"Yea." Poor thing. He jumped again, although less severely, when the maids served his food.

"It's alright Christian, you've had a very trying day. How about a hot bubble bath after dinner, then bed?" I asked with a gentle smile. He nodded, looking relieved that I understood.

Dinner was a silent affair, and I led him carefully back to our room. I'm terrified if I make one wrong move, say one wrong thing, he'll snap.

"Okay, I'm going to run you a nice hot bath. Any particular scent you want the bubbles?" I asked, crouching to try and catch his eye.

"Lemon. I like lemon and lavender and dragons blood." I don't think he means actual dragons blood, it smells atrocious.

"I can do lemon and lavender... I don't know about what dragons blood you mean, because the real blood is gag worthy." He burst out laughing, starting me. But I'm glad, his dead look was really starting to terrify me, I though I was going to have to put him in a square squishy room.

"Not actual blood, it's a type of incense. How the hell does satan not know that?" I know it's childish, but I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I don't burn incense that's how. I suppose I'll learn its smell when you burn it here." I threw over my shoulder as I headed for the bathroom. I'm going to due this without my powers. I will pamper my little love on my own. Maybe. "How do I get the perfect temperature?" I muttered under my breath, randomly turning both nobs and putting the plug in.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "What are you doing? Have you ever run a bath before?"

"Not without magic." I mumbled, slightly embarrassed I can't care for him with my own hands. He just looked at me dumbfounded.

"Okay move." He pushed me out of the way and turned the water off.

"But I want to pamper you~." I - Satan, Fallen right hand of God, Breaker of the barrier of Hell, King of Demons, am whining because I can't run a stupid bath without magic. How pathetic.

"Dude, did you just whine at me? Holy shit, you actually meant all that sappy shit earlier?" He looked very shocked. I felt a slight sting.

"Yes. I was dead serious. But I see I need to step up my game. I shall have to find someone to teach me how to pamper you without magic. For now," I summoned a bottle of lemon bubble bath, lavender body wash, rose shampoo, and conditioner, "teach me how you like your baths." He just blinked up at me, then shook his head in defeat.

"Ok, you can't just turn the nobs, you'll just make a mess. You have to pay attention to how much you turn each temperature. I like the water so hot it almost burns. Also: don't put the plug in until you have the right temp." He started turning the nobs little by little, and testing the water with his fingers. After a few minutes he held his hand up while putting the plug in, "bubble bath" I handed it to him and watched him poor about a fourth of the bottle in happily. I knelt down next to him and felt the water. Now I know what temperature and how much bubble bath. I nodded to myself and put the soaps in the basket that hovers by the tub. I have a few other random scents in there as well, along with a sponge and one of those scub puffball things, who knows what they're called. I made sure he had a fresh towel on the warmer and stood.

"Alright enjoy you're bath. I'll set the bed up for you, and retire to the couch. There are pajamas in the second drawer up from the floor in the dresser." I went to leave but a hand caught my wrist, stopping me.

"Y-you're not s-staying?" He asked with pink cheeks, looking at the ground. I grabbed his chin gently and made him look at me.

"I did not wish to push you too far, too fast. If you wish for me to stay then I will stay." Please say you want me to stay. Please.

"Just- just don't look until I'm in the tub!" He turned around, cheeks flaming. How adorable.

"Let me know when." It took every last drop of willpower in my body to turn away from him. My adorable Carrier is going to be the death of me, I'm sure of it.