Chapter 1

"Now that the students have graduated, we need to decide teams and which jonin shall become their sensei's. Any sug-"

"Hatake Kakashi must become Uchiha-sama's sensei. Nobody else is qualified." An old man sighed as he was interrupted. Sarutobi Hiruzen was an old man, but he was also the Hokage, strongest ninja in the village. He was in a council meeting to decide how to place the new Academy graduates together and who would be best to teach them further. Normally it would just be him and the chunin instructors making these decisions. However this class was full of many prominent clan heirs and as such, he felt the clan heads should get a say if they wished. However that meant a council meeting; and unless it was wartime, calling a council meeting also meant calling in the civilian side. And the civilian side had spent the years since the Uchiha massacre doing any and everything in their power to make sure the only Uchiha left, Sasuke, got whatever he wanted as well as the best of it. It was getting quite annoying.

"Kakashi already has a student and after the incident he has expressed his personal feelings against getting another full team." Sarutobi countered. He knew full well that Kakashi never wanted a team in the first place but the one he was placed with almost three years ago grew on him. Then it happened and he's down to one final student, and neither are wanting to bring in others.

"But who else could teach Uchiha-sama how to use his Sharingan when he awakens it?" Another civilian pointed out. Most of the civilians nodded in agreement and a couple clan heads secretly admitted they actually brought up a valid point.

"Then once he awakens it I can have Kakashi give him private lessons in his spare time on the proper usage of the dojutsu." Hiruzen was really hating the council right now. What started as a simple meeting to let the clan heads offer their own input for their children's education and careers turned into another 'glorify Uchiha-sama' argument. He was getting sick and tired of these. From four years ago when they wanted to force him into the CRA to produce more Sharingan ninja to just last year when they wanted him to graduate early; they wanted to give Sasuke everything without him having to lift a finger.

"Just place him as Uchiha-sama's sensei." Spoke an older woman with pink hair and green eyes. Haruno Masaki, mother to Haruno Sakura and owner of a small business, was the only civilian council member to actually have a child in the graduating class this year. So if she was offering her input about her own daughter, the old Hokage would've been glad to hear it. However she was the staunchest supporter of the 'glorify Uchiha-sama' movement, so to speak. "Hatake-san is only teaching the demon anyways. It's not like that thing needs anything." Sarutobi narrowed his eyes, as did a few of the shinobi side of the council. "Uchiha-sama needs the best we have to teach him and that's Hatake-san. To hell with the demon brat, you're the Hokage. Just order him to teach the boy and everything will be fine."

"You're correct, I am the Hokage and my orders are to be followed." Hiruzen started, getting many of the civilians to smile. "So I order you to never refer to young Naruto-kun as a 'demon' again or I'll have you removed from the council." He ordered, causing those who smiled to change to scowls. "Ever since the incident, Naruto-kun has latched onto the only stable figure in his life, his sensei Kakashi. If I removed him from his life there's no telling the effect it could have on the boy. As a jinchuriki, his mental and emotional well-being is just as important as his physical. I will not be removing Naruto-kun from Kakashi's tutelage."

"If I may, Hokage-sama?" Yamanaka Inoichi asked. Head of the Yamanaka clan and one of the top interrogators and psychiatrists in Konoha, also the proud father of Yamanaka Ino. At the old mans' nod Inoichi continued. "I saw to Naruto after the incident and I've been checking up on him on a bi-monthly basis since. I can honestly say that removing Kakashi from his life would break what he has left. No matter what else is decided here, that is something that must not be done. Naruto already lost control to the Kyuubi from a loss once, removing Kakashi would likely cause it to happen again." This got many council members to pale, while some were still scowling at how nobody would give Sasuke to Kakashi to teach. "However," Inoichi continued, "They provide a valid point about Kakashi being the only one who could teach Sasuke about the Sharingan. What I suggest is a compromise; talk to Kakashi and convince him to take on another two students to have a full team again. He'll stay with Naruto like they both want and then place Sasuke under his care as well to placate the other council members."