ch3

Is everybody in position?" The voice asked over the headsets.

"Hai." A girl answered.

"Hai." A boy answered.

"Why the fuck am I stuck on D-ranks again sensei?" An annoyed voice answered. There was a loud sigh and they could almost swear he had just face palmed himself.

"Because Sasuke and Sakura aren't ready for the higher levels yet. Now are you in position Naruto?" Their sensei responded. A quick 'Hai sensei' was his response before the man looked up at the sky. "Alright then. GO!" There was some rustling of the bushes and trees before a small blur ran out and tried to escape a young boy wearing blue and white. Just before it got far it had to quickly change directions as a girl with pink hair shot out to grab it. It kept running, hoping to escape its pursuers, when a kunai swung around it and caught its legs in some string. The string tightened and suddenly it found its legs tied up. The pink haired girl sighed and picked the animal up, revealing it to be a small cat with a ribbon in its ear. "Can you confirm the ribbon?"

"Sensei, I fucking chased this cat down at least fifty times with my old team. I think I'd recognize the damn thing after getting my face clawed off so much!" A blonde boy shouted as the girl started petting it and calming it down. The other boy sighed but answered the question.

"Hai sensei."

"Good, then missing cat Tora, captured."

"Oh thank you for catching my little darling." A large woman shouted as she hugged the captured cat, damn near close to death. Is it any wonder why it ran away? She paid the Hokage before leaving which left Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and Kakashi standing before Iruka, said Hokage, and another Chunin.

"Well done team. Now if you would like another mission we have helping the Inuzuka clean out their kennels or painting the fence down on old Jiro's new house." Sarutobi offered as Kakashi closed his book. Naruto was scowling with his arms crossed due to being forced into D-ranks once more. For the past year Kakashi and Naruto had been doing nothing but C-ranks on their own or B and the occasional A-rank with other teams. Getting dragged back into the shinobi hell of menial labor pissed him off.

Sasuke was also scowling due to the D-ranks. He felt he was better than common chores or civilian work. Plus his Uchiha pride was telling him these 'missions' were insulting to someone of his stature. That and he wanted something challenging. Surprisingly Sakura was perfectly fine with D-ranks. They weren't dangerous and she got to spend time with Sasuke. A 'win-win' in her pink haired head.

"Actually Hokage-sama, do you have an easy C-rank we could do?" Kakashi asked. Naruto grinned, hoping to finally get back to better things. Sasuke smirked, thinking he'd be able to prove his skills better. And Sakura seemed impassive; Kakashi said an easy one so she felt she'd still be safe.

Iruka looked over Sasuke and Sakura and seeing their attitudes about his request, chose not to say anything. Sasuke was a fast learner and Sakura was the smartest girl of their class. So if Kakashi felt they were ready then he'd let it go. Besides, he knew Naruto's strength so if anything went wrong he and Kakashi could handle it. The Hokage, having come to similar conclusions looked down at the list of available C-ranks.

"Ah, here's one for you. You are to escort a man to his home in Nami no Kuni and protect him as he finishes his project. Send in the client!" Sarutobi called out. The door opened and a man wearing mostly brown and tan clothes walked in. He had a bottle of sake in his hand and a blush on his face showing he was clearly drunk. He looked over the team before taking a swig of his sake.

"This is it? A group of little brats to protect me? They don't look like much, especially the blond one." He muttered before taking another drink. Or trying. He looked down to see there wasn't a bottle in his hands anymore. He looked at the team to see Naruto holding his bottle with a smirk on his face. He took a swig before tossing the bottle back.