ch8

Three people ran into a cave as the rain poured down over the landscape. One had a thick jacket on and red triangles on his cheeks while another had on an orange jumpsuit. The only girl of the group had a brown cloak over her clothes. As they entered the cave a small dog popped out from the older boys' jacket. "Man I hate the rain. Why's it gotta rain now of all times?"

"Maybe the world just wants to piss you off Koji-nii." The boy just gave a mock glare at his orange clad and younger teammate.

"Ha ha Chibi you're so hilarious." The girl shook her head to get any excess moisture out as she took off the hood to her cloak and sighed in a dramatic fashion.

"Am I gonna have to split you two up?" Both just grinned at her.

"Ah, cool it Sakuya. You know we're fine."

"Yeah Sakuya-chan! Me and Koji-nii wouldn't start fighting now. Not when we gotta be all focused and stuff." The girl just smiled at the two and nodded before they all turned to the boy with the dog.

"So what's the plan Koji?"

"Well first we're going to need to-!" The three dashed out of the cave as an explosion went of in order to make sure they couldn't get caught in a cave in. It was then that the images started to blur together along with yelling.

"Get out of here! Run!"

"Koji-nii!"

"Naruto-kun move!"

"Sakuya-chan! NO!"

Naruto jerked awake as he clutched at his shirtless chest. He barely noticed he was breathing hard or that there was a cold sweat running down his form as the images in his mind had yet to leave him alone. Naruto swallowed down some air before getting out of his bed and walking down the hall to his bathroom. He turned the water on and let it run for a moment before splashing his face a few times and then staring at his reflection. This was the third time in the month he had been forced to relive what he considered his darkest day in his sleep. Most of the time he wouldn't even dream but a few times every month he'd find himself watching his old team die and would wake up drenched in sweat. Inoichi and Kakashi both said it happened to all of them at some point, just more often to those who had a particularly traumatic experience like he did. As Naruto stared at his reflection in the mirror its eyes seemed to close before its whiskers thickened and it opened its eyes back up to reveal red orbs with slits for pupils. "Another nightmare, child?"

"Kyuubi." Naruto muttered hatefully as he turned the water off. Since Naruto would block almost all attempts at normal conversation through thoughts or meditation, the demon had taken to trying unique ways to speak with him. And it was currently using its easiest and most frequent, speaking through his reflection. To most it would seem like the boy was crazy and talking to himself, but those who knew of his burden knew otherwise. He was simply speaking with the fox since this was a way Naruto found that he couldn't block. It did attribute to a small hate of mirrors though. "What do you want demon?"

"Merely to see if my container is alright. That's the third time this month alone. How long are you going to torment yourself child?" Kyuubi asked with a small smirk, though its deep voice seemed to hold some very small portion of genuine care.

"I didn't know you cared fox." Naruto shot back. His reflection shrugged in response.

"Had I not been sealed in you and had I not watched you grow up, I likely wouldn't. But I am and I have so I do. Now how long are you going to torment yourself?" It asked as Naruto merely closed his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about Kyuubi."

"Do not attempt to lie to one that literally lives in your head child. You have yet to move on from the past, from your old team."