ch7

"Where's Naruto?" Sasuke asked as he walked down for breakfast. Sitting at the table was his sensei, teammate and Tazuna's family but not Naruto. "Is he guarding Tazuna?" Kakashi shook his head before pausing and shrugging.

"Well a clone is, but the real one is taking care of something."

"What?"

"Remember what he asked on the way here?" Kakashi asked as both Sasuke and Sakura thought back to the trip to Nami.

"Hey sensei; would it be okay if I go visit after the mission but before we come back?" Sakura and Sasuke got confused looks as Kakashi looked up from his book as he thought about it.

"I don't see why not. If there's no danger and we finish ahead of schedule then sure." He then went back to his book as Naruto was now staring ahead with what looked like a blank stare. But even Sakura could tell he was thinking about something.

"Visit where?" She asked. Naruto opened his eyes a bit as he hadn't expected her to care. But then his expression softened a bit and he guessed he might as well answer.

"My ancestral home. Uzushiogakure."

"Oh, the ruins of his clan's old village?" Sakura asked getting the man to nod his head. Sasuke shrugged before getting himself some food. While he was curious as to what was there, he knew from personal experience that this was something Naruto wanted to do, or rather needed to do. He may not have known his family, as they were all dead before he was born, but he wanted to confirm his roots and likely pay his respects to his fallen ancestors. Sasuke was similar after Itachi killed his clan, only he wanted to confirm and forcefully remind himself of his goals. It's why he still lived on the empty compound even though the Hokage had offered him an apartment for free after the incident. It was something he had to do, and this was something he believed that Naruto felt he had to do. He wasn't going to bother him about it or ask any other questions either. With Gato captured and Zabuza dead, there weren't any threats so it wasn't like there'd be trouble for him.

"Anyways, for today I'm going to work on both of your physical conditioning. Sasuke, you need to get strong enough to use the Kubikiri. And Sakura, you need to be faster so that you won't get caught off guard in a fight. Since you're not going to be a frontline fighter, it would be best to work more on your speed than strength so that you can avoid danger and cast your genjutsu to aid your teammates." Both nodded there heads at his assessment, knowing he was right and that it would help them as they ate their meals. Training was something they'd have to do.

"I still don't see why you brought her here kid." Tazuna commented as the Naruto clone watching over him had Haku sitting next to him. The girl had woken up shortly after they brought Gato into town and after finding out Zabuza was dead she was distraught and begging to be killed as well. Naruto had knocked her back out to get her to be quiet while they thought of something to do with her while the villagers were partying at how Gato was defeated. The man had been tied to a post in the center of town with baskets of rotten food placed all around for people to throw at him. Though at one point during the night when nobody was paying attention his throat had been slit and his heart had been carved out of his chest. While a gruesome sight, nobody was angry that it had happened. They seemed angrier they didn't get to watch or that someone had to clean up his bloody mess.

"Until we leave or figure out something to do with her, Sensei said she was my responsibility since I was the one who spared her life." 'Naruto' replied. Haku had her hands bound with ninja wire so that she couldn't make hand-signs as well as having a chakra seal on her since they remember she could use one handed seals. That was something they wanted to ask her about.

"Then why didn't you bring her with the real you instead of leaving her here with your clone? And I still don't see why you wanted to see those ruins. If you're hoping to find something about your old clan, then you're out of luck. That place has been cleared out already." Tazuna replied and asked. 'Naruto' shrugged his shoulders before answering.