ch13

The month passed by quickly as the entrants trained for their matches and the village prepared for the event. All around news was buzzing about two matches in particular; Sasuke's and Naruto's. Everyone had heard about the mighty Uchiha clan. Just as everyone had heard about their demise at the hands of their own prodigy. But now the sole survivor of that massacre was a genin. And not only that but was in the finals of the Chunin Exams after only six months of training and experience. The boy's skills must be superb and as such many lords and daimyos wanted to see the new scion of the clan in action.

Naruto's match was garnering just as much attention for a couple reasons. For those who knew the blonde's status as a jinchuriki, they knew it was a match against one of his supposed kin. Demon container versus demon container; in a free for all battle for all to see. And for those who didn't know the boy's status, they still knew the story of his massacre in the last exams he had been in. He had slaughtered so many after losing his teammates and had been placed in the Bingo Books as a genin and a child. His skills had also exploded after the dark event and now he was considered Konoha's greatest genin. Yet now his opponent was the jinchuriki to the Ichibi and youngest son of the Yondaime Kazekage.

The stands were packed as people still filed in for seats to witness the new up and coming genin of the villages. Ino growled in annoyance as she couldn't see one before noticing Choji waving her down from his seat with a pile of snack foods next to him. As she got close he pulled the bags out of the chair and gave her grin that she returned. "Hey Ino, saved you a seat."

"Thanks Choji." She replied as she sat down and looked around at the people filling the area around them. "So, how do you think the matches are going to go?" She asked while grabbing a bag of low fat chips from the pile he had.

"Well, the Sasuke and Lee match will be close. I mean, that Lee kid is just a monster up close from what I saw." Choji started as he swallowed some food. "Then again Sasuke has that huge sword and his jutsu so I think he can hold out."

"Sasuke-kun is going to win that mach without a doubt!" Ino cheered as Choji just shrugged. He wanted his classmate to win as well; he had just given his honest opinion in that he thought it would be close.

"Then is that Kankuro guy versus Shino. Shino has his bugs which could drain him but that guy uses poison and puppets so I don't know how that match will go." Choji commented and Ino shivered.

"Clan jutsu or not, those bugs are creepy!"

"Then it's Shikamaru versus that wind chick. I really want him to win but I'm pretty sure he's going to forfeit." Choji admitted as he tossed a couple chips in his mouth. Ino growled as she flipped her hair back over her shoulder.

"He damn well better NOT surrender! Shika is the only one of us three to make it to the finals and I will beat the shit out of him if he embarrasses us like that!" Ino shouted getting Choji to chuckle nervously before moving onto the next match.

"Well, then it's Sakura versus that sound guy I lost to."

"Oh right, you did. You know I actually talked to Sakura during the month and she mentioned that she fought him in the woods too before Sasuke and that Naruto guy scared the team off somehow." Ino admitted. Sakura had told her only the bare basics in that they had fought the sound team, but never any full details. Yet she hadn't lied either. Sasuke scared the sound team off by telling them Naruto drove off their leader; it technically counted as both scaring them off. "I wonder how forehead's gonna do without her teammates there to help her against him now."

"You're not still angry she beat you, are you?"

"Well, a little I guess. But I'm still going to cheer her on here. We're rivals of course but were still friends. Kinda…" Choji shrugged in response.