Chapter 1

Erin had been back at work for almost a month. Jay had healed nicely and was back working too. Although she was sober she was still keeping her distance to just partners. She wasn't worthy of his friendship again and she had no idea how he still wanted to be partners with her after everything she'd done.

She'd worked hard at cutting Bunny out, and was working on moving back into her apartment. They were on lunch when they ran into Bunny at a sandwich shop. She felt Jay tense and go into protective mode immediately knowing how hard Erin had been working.

"Bunny," Erin said coldly having a feeling Bunny had hunted her down.

"My baby," Bunny said opening her arms wide.

Erin just rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"Is that anyway to talk to your mother?" Bunny scoffed.

"What do you want?" Erin asked again.

"Well I have some news."

"Save it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me so just leave me alone," Erin said trying to push around her.

"Jacob is dead Erin," Bunny said loudly.

Jay had to catch himself from running over his partner when she suddenly stopped at Bunny's words.

"Yea thought that would get your attention," Bunny smirked.

Erin turned and glared at her. "How?" she asked suddenly feeling sick.

"Overdose," Bunny said as it was the most natural thing. "Are you gonna come to the service since ya know yall were together not too long ago," she said making sure to make eye contact with Jay.

He let it roll off him knowing Bunny was just looking for a reaction. He'd moved past what had happened a month back with Erin and there was no need for it to upset him now. He gently squeezed her shoulder when he heard a call come over their radios and they left, leaving Bunny in the sandwich shop.

"You ok?" he asked once they were on their way.

Erin nodded. "Just some druggie I'd hooked up with," she said not meeting his eyes.

She felt Jay's hand on her thigh gently squeezing. She eyed him sideways. "Why'd you forgive me so easily?" she finally asked needing these answers.

"Because Erin we're partners. We promised to always have each other's back and that never changed. If I could erase what happened so it was easier for you I would, but my feelings never changed."

"Jay…" she started knowing he deserved much better than her. She was nothing but a trashy street kid that couldn't even keep her shit together as a cop.

"I know you don't want to hear it but it's true Erin. I'll always have your back no matter what," he said as they pulled up at the scene.

They'd caught a major case and their conversation was essentially forgotten. Over the next few weeks Intelligence stayed super busy with case after case. Two months after being back, Erin had moved back into her apartment. The next week she got really sick at work. She'd caught some stomach bug she was sure and spent a couple days at home at Hank and Jay's insistent.

On the third morning she was still feeling sick, but she needed to work. Needed to prove to everybody she was ok. So after cleaning up, she ate some crackers and drank a little sprite. She felt better so she went to work.

It wasn't until that afternoon when she was getting ready to head home did she realize she was two months late. She stopped at the drug store on the way home and bought four different test. She took all four waiting and praying they would be false.

All four were positive. Erin Lindsay was pregnant.