Part Five

As they land, she joins Gandalf's side. Thorin does not respond to Gandalf at first, but as a spell is whispered, his eyes flutter open. She sighs and moves away. She stands on the edge of the mountain they are on, and her eyes venture across the space beyond. They land on a forest that she knows on so well, a small smile finding it's way on her face. It will take months to find her way there, but in that time she will learn what she can from the world. Gandalf calls to her.

"Lasgalen."

She turns and walks over. He smiles sweetly at her and nods to the company. She looks over to see them all smiling at her. She frowns a little as she looks at each of them.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Lasgalen..."

She turns to the voice and finds Thorin. He doesn't meet her eyes as she walks over. She looks at him and frowns deeper.

"Yes?"

He looks past her and she follows his gaze. The company turns away and he takes her arm, leading her away from them.

"Lasgalen..." He tries again.

"Thorin, what is it you are trying to tell me?" She asks softly.

He finally meets her eyes as she sits on the ground next to him. He stands up and begins to pace.

"When you first joined this company, I did not know what to think. You are an elf, and Thranduil's child no less. I thought... I thought that I would never respect you nor would we ever get along. But you have changed my mind on that, my lady."

She looks up at him as he walks closer.

"My lady... I have a question."

"Yes, my lord?" She asks him.

"Lasgalen.... may I court you?"

She gawks. "W-what?!"

He shakes his head. "I know what I am saying is absurd, but I wish to ask."

She looks at his palm and in it, she sees a bead. A dwarfish bead. She softly takes it out of his palm and looks up at him again. She nods with a smile.

"I would very much like for you to court me, my lord."

He smiles and she allows him to braid the bead into her hair. She then reaches to the hem of her tunic and holds out a simple but complex bead to him.

"The bead of my family crest." She says to him.

He nods with a smile and she threads it into his hair. As they look at each other, he takes her hand. She smiles as his other hand reaches up and cups her cheek. She meets him halfway and the kiss they share is.... she's not even sure how to describe it. No sparks or anything. She just feels that she's right for this dwarf. As they parted, she smiled at him. He smiled back at her and they rose, walking back to the company. They congratulated the pair of sworn enemies. And Lasgalen was more than happy. She just knew that her father would not feel the same.

-----Time Skip cause I wanna-----

Oh how right she was. After everything had happened, she came face to face with her father. And he was livid.

"I will not allow that dwarf to court my daughter." He told her.

"Father-"

"No." He said, shaking his head.

She clenched her fists as she growled from the back of her throat. Legolas and Thranduil both looked back to her.

"If you will not allow me to court him, then you will have to lock me away as well."