t w o

Lou

☓ ☓ ☓ ☓ ☓

I burst into Coffee Crave bringing in the cold weather with me and getting the floors all wet. I heard a loud complaint that probably came from Niall but I didn't even acknowledge him. Instead looking at the corner of the room.

The empty corner...

I slumped my shoulders and trudged to the counter, putting my head down and groaning. A flash of hope sparked in my mind and I carefully scanned the rest of the room looking for a head of beautiful curls. My heart was practically torn in two when my search was unsuccessful.

Niall leaned on the counter, "Don't worry, Tommo, it'll happen if its meant to be. You want your usual?" I shook my head and whispered, "Black, please." I was miserable... might as well continue my crappy mood with some crappy coffee.

Niall's eyes widened, probably because: 1. I was whispering, 2. I hated black coffee and thought people were weird if they ordered it, or 3. because I said please and manners were rare in this friendship.

But Ni wasn't looking at me, he was looking behind me.

I turned around and saw Mystery Boy through the window of the café. My heart rate instantly picked up and my breathing turned ragged. It was HIM. The person who was on my mind since I laid eyes on him. The one who was the reason I had dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep.

He's as beautiful as I remembered. The same Burberry Coat, the same skinny jeans, the same boots. Shit, he's even gorgeous wearing a beanie. His head was bent down, fighting the slight drizzle. The curls that were peeking out from the grey beanie blowing in the wind. I wonder how it would feel to run my hands through them.

My thoughts were cut off by the ring of a bell and a gasp fell from my lips as his eyes met mine. My mouth turned up into a smile but it wasn't returned.

His eyes instead darted to the corner before he made his way to the table there.

I looked back to Niall with a genuine grin on my face. I suddenly felt happy, more than happy even, I was floating on Cloud 9. Just seeing him makes all my sadness melt away. Great, now I sound like a teenage girl.

I looked down and saw the black coffee that Niall brought. "Um, no thanks buddy. That stuff's fucking disgusting," I pushed it away and laughed. Niall just shook his head with a toothy smile.

"You gonna go talk to Curly over there?" Niall said while wiggling his eyebrows. I bit my lip and looked down, nervousness washed over my body at the thought of rejection. "That wasn't a question.. you pinky promised, Mate," his eyebrows were raised accusingly.

I thought it over and nodded, downing my usual coffee that Niall had set in front of me.

Right, you can do this. C'mon Tommo, piece of cake. Just chatting up a guy. No big deal, you could just say he looked lonely. Yeah, okay. I took a deep breath while giving myself a pep talk like I did right before a game.

I nervously tossed a glance at Mystery Boy and saw he was staring intensely out the window. Perfect.

I made my way to his table in the corner, clearing my thoughts so I wouldn't rethink what I was doing. Before I knew it, I was reaching out to tap his shoulder. The butterflies were thrashing around in my stomach and I thought I was going to throw up from nerves.

He looked up to where I was standing and my mind went blank. My casual talk that I practiced in the mirror last night until it was burned into my memory suddenly disappeared.

Such a beautiful green... even nicer from up close.

A flash of confusion passed over his eyes and I jolted back to reality. My arm was soon sticking out and I found myself talking to him. "I-I'm Louis," my voice cracked in the middle and I blushed before clearing my throat.

Get it together, Tomlinson!!

"Hey, my names Louis, Louis Tomlinson."

Mystery Boy nodded uncertainly and grabbed my hand to shake it. I tried to keep the blush from reappearing as I felt electricity from the touch. Come onnnn then, tell me your name......

"Erm... Harry Styles, nice to meet you," He stared at the table and I took this time to close my eyes and inhale deeply.

HOLY FUCK, HIS VOICE IS LIKE SEX. ITS ALL DEEP, RASPY AND SLOW LIKE HONEY.

"Mind if I join you?" I mentally hit myself for sounding so weak and tiny. "Yes... I mean no, I mean no I don't mind, yes you can join..." He stumbled and I laughed at his cuteness before sitting down. I'm sitting at the same table as Mystery Boy... well now his name is Harry.

I noticed that although he was blushing a faint pink and had just been awkward, he still hadn't cracked a smile. And I knew just then, that I would do anything to see it. I plan to see Harry's smile by the end of the day... it must be beautiful.

Harry Styles... what a perfect name, along with everything else about him.

"Oh, thanks," Harry whispered looking up at me and blushing. I gave him a puzzled face before I realized I said that out loud. "I-um... you're welcome?" The way I said it made it seem like a question. "Sorry, you just seem sort of perfect, Harry, I noticed you yesterday..."

My eyes practically bulged out of my face when I registered what I just blurted out. "NO.. not in a creepy way, I mean I just broke up with my girlfriend and you both have curly hair and ..... I just like curly hair, I guess."

While I was talking I watched Harry the whole time, they way he stares at you while you're talking as if you were the most important person in the world. It made my palms sweat and my stomach drop.

When I said girlfriend, I watched Harry's eyes flicker with... disappointment?

Does he think I'm straight? Well I was before Harry showed up... I guess im Harry-sexual??

"Lou? You're rambling..." My heart nearly stopped at the nickname. Sure it's a common nickname but it came from HIS lips. He could make anything sound like a line of poetry.

"Right, sorry, just a little nervous." I laughed, hoping he didn't notice the words I let slip out. God, Louis shut up. He stared at my eyes with such intensity my stomach was doing backflips. Still making eye-contact he licked his lips very slowly, making me want to rip either my hair out or his shirt off.

"Why would you be nervous, Lou?"

☓ ☓ ☓ ☓ ☓

Louis is 22 and Harry is 20... so basically this story is taking place right now, the beginning of 2014. That's all :) sorry if its shit

xx Kayla