s i x

"I sit here picking at my flaws like weeds, and I wonder how you could ever see them as roses"

☓ ☓ ☓ ☓ ☓

That was the first kiss and so far the only kiss Louis and Harry had shared.

It was a small, magical moment. A buzzing electrical current had passed through the boys. A fire was set in their bones and it could not be put out. Nothing could extinguish the flame; nothing but a kiss.

Two weeks passed, and both were afraid to make the first move. So instead they played it safe and shared cuddles, they wore nothing but Harry's big sweaters and Louis' fluffy socks all the time.

They stuck to tickle fights, cooking competitions (won by Harry of course), and their daily dates to their favorite little cafe (they would never admit it was actually a date)

And they always finished the day by watching movies and continuing to learn about each other. Hours spent, telling baby stories, sharing secrets; Harry the Big Spoon, Louis the Small one. Harry's large hand combing through Louis' long hair.

The long hair, of course, a sort of game between the two. So long, they both wore headbands. Twins; they were one. HarryandLouis.

Both of them felt it but neither of them knew how to take it to the next level.

But

You see, the problem with harry is that he's sad. Generally all the time. Louis is his medicine, his distraction, his sunshine. People always say that happiness comes easy but they never mention sadness is easy too; and it seems sadness stays longer; in Harry's case

He over-reacts a bit, sure. But when you have depression anything can make you sad.

Which would explain why he is frowning down at the city in front of him.

Why he's sad just because of the fact other people below him are happy.

So, harry was already slipping into sadness when Eleanor came knocking onto Louis' door

Eleanor, Louis' ex.

* * * * * *

Harry

I'm not really sure why I'm sad... The city noise just makes me feel gloomy.

Louis isn't here to lighten the mood so I'm stuck in his flat.

A soft knock interrupted my moping and I skipped to the door hoping it was Louis back from grocery shopping.

But when I opened the door I saw a curly brunette girl.

Her face looked surprised; as if she knew Louis enough to expect him to be home alone.

As if she knew his schedule.

And-

Oh, this, this is-

"Uh, hi, I'm Eleanor.... Is louis here?"

Her voice was soft and question. His ex-girlfriend.

"no he's out running errands. I'm harry, louis' - erm - friend"

I mean sure we kissed and cuddled but we never discussed it, sadly.

Her questioning gaze broke and she smiled.

"Oh, well can you tell louis I stopped by and- and that I still love him. Tell him to call me, well thanks harry."

The way she said it made my heart sink and when she mentioned love I almost threw up on her way-too-high high heels.