Chapter Eighteen: Greys-off

Jackson

Greyson didn't show up to school for a week. Connor said that she was kept home to make sure the Gelocyin was completely out of her system. Ms. Shepherd said she was looking more into who Carlisle Westwood truly was. Sarah Cowell was...rather suspicious, so, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up having something to do with this. 

I don't know what I'd do if it turned out she had something to do with this, that she was so bothered with Greyson that she would go to the extent of physically harming her with medication and changing who she was.

"Huge game today, baby!" One of the lacrosse guys yelled. I was across from Hawk and Greyson's locker was next to mine. Almost every single jock was in this hallway.

"As if you would get play time, Jayson. You're shit." A familiar voice said. I looked to my left at Liam who was placing his books into his locker and at Luke who was looking down the hallway. I followed his gaze and it was like looking at the sun. Greyson was walking down the hallway with a large black lacrosse hoodie on over her uniform. She wasn't wearing the long socks that she was wearing the other week and instead she was back to her ankle socks and her converse with the little dangling chain on her ankle.

"She's back." Hawk whispered excitedly.

"Grey, why are you always so mean to me, baby?" Jayson asked her.

"Like I said; because you're shit." She said continuing to walk to her locker. She stood beside me and opened it casually. Her grey hair was in a messy bun with a few strands falling down. Her long lashes were dark and curled, I just stared at her and she finally sighed.

"Stop staring at me you freak." She said and my eyes widened.

"You're okay!?" I asked disbelieved and a small smirk played on her lips and just as quickly it left.

"I am, now fuck off, Jackson." She said and I grinned while looking at a laughing Hawk. She grabbed her books and turned to walk to class before turning back and she looked up at me and she reached up and her lips landed on my cheek quickly and softly and I stared at her amazed as she moved back down and looked up at me.

"Connor told me what you did. Thanks, I owe you one." She said sincerely.

"You don't owe me, Grey." I said lazily swinging my arm over her shoulder. A smile fell on her face as we walked to class and she didn't move my arm from her shoulders.

Progress.

"You're right, according to my mom and uncle; we already had dinner." She said pushing my arm off and walking to her seat.

"Who let you out of the asylum?" Sarah asked her and I narrowed my eyes at her. This girl just didn't know when to quit.

"I let myself out. Watch out, Cow. I'm coming for you, you won't know when, where or how, but ya girl is coming." Greyson promised and I couldn't help but grin at her wit coming back.

"Is that a threat?" Sarah asked.

"A threat is saying I will kick your ass. I could be coming to deliver you flowers. No one knows." Grey said sweetly.

"You're crazy. You guys are insane for hanging out with her." She said to Hawk and I.

"Girl, I know I'm crazy. Let's have some real news, huh? I heard that you tried to fuck Jeremy Callwood and he said no because you are too much of a whore." She said and a couple of people snickered as Sarah narrowed her eyes at Greyson who just sat at her seat and looked at her.

"As if, Jeremy is a nerd." She said turning to the front with her arms crossed.

"And I heard that you tried to do it for him to write your paper because you're failing health. Girl, that's coach Fields' class. You have to be a complete idiot to fail that class." Grey laughed.

"Fuck off, Greyson." Sarah spat.

"Also, heard you are trying to blow my mate during football practice. Little word of advice, you go near him and I will cut your fingers off." She said. This time people stared at Greyson surprised and I widened my eyes briefly while looking back at Greyson and she met my eyes and winked at me and I almost blushed at having my girl wink at me.

"You actually like him?" Hawk asked.

"I tolerate his annoying ass." She confirmed.