draft 2

The thin walls trembled from the sound of a fight. His throaty voice cutting through her words as she licked her lips, tasting bitter salt water from the unnoticed tears that ran down.
She was suddenly reminded of her childhood.
It was all too similar; the same smothering feeling wrapped around her neck, like a necklace made of every poisonous thought and sentiment she had gone through when she started primary school. Yet, she found comfort in the late afternoon filled with nostalgia and specks of fear. There wasn't a drop of sadness that dragged her by her arms - no - it was like a long, therapeutic walk out in the park. And she knew what would happen if this continued.
She didn't mind.
Her husband raised his hand, fuming with anger as steam blew out of his ears.
She closed her eyes.
Being with him was better than New York, and even though he told her he loved her right before he knew her, it was the only thing that kept her lifted up from the ocean she had been suffocating under. This must've been the sign she waited for when she was younger - the answer to the silent prayers she would choke on as she cried for her parents to stop fighting.
And they were right.
Some things are meant to be broken.
It was such an ugly world for something so beautiful to occur, and maybe that's why everything failed to be okay. But she was okay with the fact that it wasn't.
She just wanted him to stay.
So when his words shook the house, she could hear the trees weep before the familiar sting came pushing her down. Her legs lost balance as she started to fall backward. A loud thump was heard, and suddenly, the world around her became blurry.
She weakly picked up her glance to only see her husband's shoes gliding away.
He left, just like her father.
All she did was lay quietly on the cool, tiled floor, finding a slight comparison to his words; they were bitter cold, as well.
And with all her strength, she spoke up,
"Please stay," She begged him, not sure if he was still there. "Please, don't leave me,"
The house was silent, the only sounds of wind tapping the windows was heard.
"Don't worry," He said, in a distance, an apologetic smile stretching over his lips.
"I will never leave you."