Chapter Eight

*Note: A whole LOT of drama in this chapter, guys. Vote, comment? :)

________________________________________

~Tamara Rose

________________________________________

"Shh," someone whispered.

I wrinkled my eyebrows slightly, confused at what was going on. My dreams weren't normally this weird.

"Can I put the shaving cream on?"

"I'm supposed to do that part!"

"What part of be quiet don't you guys understand?"

"This was a terrible idea. Why did I agree to this again?"

"Would all of you just please shut the heck up?"

Those five sentences were all spoken by voices I recognized. Respectively: Jordan, Eric, Josh, Mark, Josh. Inwardly, I smirked. These idiots thought they could prank me? The living, breathing, pranking queen?

Faintly, I heard the sound of a top being taken off a can of shaving cream. I waited five seconds, assuming it was now close to my face with the nozzle ready to squirt.

Jumping into a sitting position, I tackled my assailant and tumbled off the bed. I ended up on top of Mark, my knees pinned to his chest.

I gaped at him. "Mark!"

He grinned sheepishly.

Narrowing my eyes, I faked anger. "I thought you were the serious one in our group."

He shrugged. "I needed revenge for the dye."

Rolling my eyes, I opened my mouth to answer. Suddenly, the bedroom door opened and Dylan appeared in the doorway. He was holding a bag, shuffling through the items in it, his head tilted down.

"Hey, guys, I don't know whose this is, but it was left on the front porch. So if it's one of--"

Abruptly, he cut himself off as his eyes glanced towards me...lying on top of Mark.

His mouth opened slightly. His attention focused on Mark, he gritted his teeth and said, "You're...I thought you had a mate?"

I quickly scarmbled off of Mark the same time he shoved me off him. The two of us looked at each other, then around the room at the stony faces of our pack, then back at Dylan's angry, stunned expression.

Mark was the first to respond. "I do. Lizzie knows Rose and I are just friends."

Dylan's eyes were stormy. "That didn't look like friendship to me."

That seemed to tick off Mark, but not nearly as much as it bothered me. Seriously? It isn't enough that the guy rejects me and kicks me out of my home, but now he's going all macho-protective on me?

Hell to no.

"What's it to you, anyway?" I snapped, gettiing up off the ground. I brushed myself off angrily as Dylan's eyes flashed with rage.

"Watch your tone." He sounded furious.

Simultaneously, Eric, Jordan, and Josh all growled. Dylan's angry expression faded into surprise.

I ignored my team of bodyguards. "No, I will not watch my tone. You aren't my Alpha. I do not have to listen to anything you say!"

His normally beautiful eyes were glassed over with fury. "I may not be your Alpha, but you are currently residing under my home!"

"As a favor to you and your pathetic pack!" I yelled back.

He curled his fists. "Don't you dare speak badly about my pack! You know nothing about us!"

That was it. The final straw. Nearly bursting a blood vessel I was yelling so loud, I screamed at the top of my lungs:

"I KNOW THAT YOU'RE A LYING, DIRTY, ROTTEN, RUDE, ARROGANT, CRUEL, HEARTLESS BASTARD OF A LEADER WHO TREATED HIS MATE LIKE A MAID FOR AGES BEFORE REJECTING HER AND EXILING HER FROM HER HOME!"

 _________________________________________

A/N:

Well that was....interesting, right? Judging by the feedback I got, I'm guessing you guys really like Rose's temper! ;) Then again, maybe you just wanted to see Dylan get yelled at....completely understandable either way! ^_^

_________________________________________