Chapter 17

*Note: Please comment guys. It encourages me to update faster--plus, I really want to know what you guys think. ;)

________________________________________

~Tamara Rose

________________________________________

I was shaking, shivers wracking my body--partially from the cold and partially from fear.

Eric was dead.

The thought pounded in my skull, sending a cold shiver down my spine once more. How could Jason do it? He'd made a vow not to harm any of my friends...

No, he made a vow not to harm my friend, my thoughts echoed back to me, angry and smothered in guilt. The vow wasn't specific to Eric. Jason isn't allowed to harm one of my friends--that could be anyone, it doesn't necessarily have to be Eric.

A tear slipped dwon my cheek. I closed my eyes, tilting my head against the rough bark of the tree I was tied to. Because of my lack of grammar, one of the greatest men I'd ever known had just died.

A scream ripped past my throat, feroicious and agonized. The wolves who'd been padding softly in circles around me glanced in my direction, then continued their route. They steered clear of Eric's limp body, parked a few feet from me against another tree.

I sniffed, looking at the slumped figure through blurry vision. "I'm so sorry," I whispered. "Eric, I'm so, so sorry." Sobs shook my body, silent but strong with their grief nonetheless.

There was only one thought in my mind that wasn't a sad one.

No matter what it takes, I will kill that bastard Jason.

And it will be the most painful death God has to offer.

***

________________________________________

~Jason

________________________________________

I hummed, taking satisfaction in the crack of leaves as they were crushed beneath my shoes. Conrad was walking beside me as I approached the house, his demeanor much less calm than mine.

"Boss, a-are you sure this is a good idea? I don't think either of the Alpha's here will be all too happy to see you..."

I shrugged, pausing in my confident stride towards the Sierra County pack house to bend down and pick up a daffodil. "They won't have much a choice, my friend. If either of them tries to kill me..." I shrugged, crushing the delicated flower in my fist and letting it float to the ground, mangled and ugly.