Chapter Thirteen

A/N:  A new character is introduced in this chapter. His name is Kent Allistair, he's Dylan's Beta, and he's a real sweet, loyal guy. :)

...Even more exciting, the reason Dylan rejected Tamara Rose is finally revealed! He wasn't as shallow as you all thought....some of you are gonna feel pretty bad...

Oh, yeah, and there's a few major scenes and a climax or two of the story. No biggie.

Anyways, enjoy! ;)

________________________________________

~Dylan

________________________________________

"Great job guys. Seriously, I'm proud of all the progress you've been making." I clapped a pack member on the shoulder as he walked by me, entering the house.

He paused to grin at me. "Thanks, Alpha Dylan."

"Yeah," the guy behind him said. "You really didn't have to take us out to lunch, you know."

I shrugged. "It was nothing. You all deserved it for the hard work you've been doing."

As they walked past me into the building, I couldn't help but grin at each and every one. It was involuntary--something I couldn't control. I couldn't explain it, but ever since Tamara Rose and I had made up, I'd been insanely happy.

It was as if a switch inside of me suddenly flipped. The day I rejected Tamara had affected me more than any other day of my life. Nobody knew it, but after she left home, I went after her. I ran for days, going to the edge of my territory over and over again. I regretted leaving her instantly. Still, I knew better than to venture onto another pack's land.

Maybe if I had, I would have found her in the Imperial County territory, and she and I would have been together for the past few years instead of the past few hours.

Still, at least we'd made up at all. The thought made my grin widen even further.

Kent, my Beta, suddenly came up beside me, slinging an arm jokingly over my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow at him, shrugging it off and walking into the house.

"So, what's with the smile, princess?" he joked, following after me as I made my way into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't ruin my mood, Allistair. Me and Tamara finally made up." (Allistair is Kent's last name.)

His eyebrows rose as he looked at me, leaning against the kitchen counter while I opened the fridge. "Ah, so you finally told her the reason you rejected her?"