Chapter Ten

---> PIC TO THE SIDE:

Somewhat accurate representation of the pack house and its yard. Just imagine the house more secluded (as in no other houses around it) and the yard bigger.

________________________________________

~Dylan

________________________________________

Every wolf over fifteen was ordered to gather outside for training. As I pulled on a black shirt, my thoughts kept drifting to the talk Lizzie had forced onto me that morning when I'd gone downstairs for coffee.

No matter how much I disliked the girl, I knew she geniunely cared about Tamara Rose. That fact was only proven right when she'd barged into the kitchen behind me an hour ago.

"Look, Alpha," a voice snapped from behind me. I turned slowly, growling.

"You will respect me in my own home." I glared at the red-head standing before me, her hip jutted to one side as she gave me a once-over, scowling.

"You broke my best friend's heart. Pardon me if I don't treat you like a damn queen."

Shaking my head, I turned back towards the counter and filled up my mug with coffee. Meanwhile, she continued talking.

"Look. Alpha Dylan." This time, her voice held a little less disdain and a bit more tolerance. "I know the mating bond in inevitable. And I'm sure, in some deeply twisted way of your own, you love Rose."

I growled.

"Just as I'm also sure," she hurried to rush on. "That she loves you too! I mean, they say hate is a passionate emotion, right?" She trailed off for a second, momentarily forgetting her line of thought. "What I'm trying to get at is that, no matter how much Mark and Rose and everyone else can try denying it, it's useless to pretend the two of you won't end up together. Your wolves want each other. There's no avoiding it."

Although I was relieved to finally have someone on my side, I turned warily to face her. "What are you getting at?"

Her eyes locked with mine, and for the first time since she'd been here, she was serious. "Don't hurt Rose again. Because this time...I don't think she'll be able to forgive you."

________________________________________

~Tamara Rose

________________________________________

I stepped out into the training grounds warily, glancing around me. Dylan hadn't told anyone I was actually Tamara Rose yet, but even the thought of seeing him today after the way I blew up yesterday...it was too much.