Carousel

"Daddy!" I yelled as I wrapped my legs tightly around Daddy's waist and hugged up to his neck. He chuckled softly before rubbing his face against mine, making his long black hair fall into my face. I giggled as he kissed me, "Juliet!"

We were at an amusement park for my birthday. Daddy and Jaime wanted to ride a big people ride. Daddy hugged me tightly, "Do you want to stand in line with us?"

I shook my head, "Carousel!"

"I'll ride the carousel with you, Juliet." Vic said from beside Daddy. I looked over at Vic. He's been nice to me since I met him. Going on one little carousel ride with him wouldn't hurt. I wanted to ride with Daddy, though. Daddy smiled, "You can go with Vic and after this coaster Himes and I will ride with you, okay, Birthday Girl?"

I nodded. I just wanted to ride the carousel already. Vic opened his arms and after another kiss on the cheek Daddy handed me to Vic. Vic situated me on his hip before walking through the crowd of people to the top of the hill where the old carousel sits. I bounced excitedly in Vic's arms, "Carousel!"

Vic chuckled before getting in the short line. I started to look around, "No Bwink Eight Two?"

Vic chuckled again before moving my hair behind my ear, "Darling this carousel doesn't have Blink-182. Its all horses."

I pouted which earned a bigger smile from Vic, "You're so adorable, Juliet. I bet Blink-182 would love to be here for you."

This time Vic earned a smile from me. Daddy plays a lot of good music for me. I really liked Blink. I didn't want to ride on a horse by myself so I sat in Vic's lap. He didn't seem to mind. He kept one arm around me tightly as if something would happen to me. We rode the carousel two more times before Vic asked me if I wanted ice cream. We walked into the store at the bottom of the hill and to the freezer with ice cream. Both of us chose popsicles. Vic was paying for our popsicles and I was hugging up to his leg as he paid.

I looked around the store and spotted a shelf of stuffed animals. A light brown bunny with long floppy ears and pink nose that looked like a jelly bean caught my eyes and I couldn't help myself from running over to the shelf and grabbing the bunny. I hugged it tightly to me. Vic appeared beside me and knelt down to my height, "Don't run off like that, Juliet. I don't want to lose you."

"Sowwy Bic. I jus wub the bunny." I replied.

Vic chuckled before picking me up, "You love the bunny, huh? How about I buy you this bunny for your birthday?"

A big smile appeared on my face and I nodded. I didn't get new toys often but I didn't mind. Daddy and Jaime do their best to make me happy. Vic carried me over to the check out counter, setting me down and pulling his wallet out to pay for the bunny. I snuggled the bunny close to me and leaned into Vic's chest. After he was done paying he picked me back up and walked outside. We sat down on a bench and he handed me my popsicle, opened and with a napkin around it, just the way Daddy does.

"Thank you, Bic. I wub you."

"Earth to Juliet!" Vic said as Mike clapped his hands in front of my face. I jumped as I came back to reality. Vic looked at me with concern in his eyes, "Are you okay? Did Mike give you too much medicine?"

I shook my head, "No. I was just thinking about my fourth birthday, when you bought me Jellybean."

Vic smiled, grinning ear to ear, "You were so adorable back then. You had me wrapped around your finger since the day I met you."

Mike nodded, "Yeah. You were wearing a Blink-182 shirt that was too big on you, some old leggings, and a tiny pair of chucks the day we met you. You were so shy, just like Tony, until Vic sang you some Blink. You sang along like it was the end of the world."

Blush rose up on my cheeks. I didn't remember meeting Mike and Vic. The earliest memory I have is sitting on the couch eating cookies while they all had band practice. But I knew Dad didn't know them when I was born. Vic chuckled, "Yeah. And every time we had band practice Mom would try to lure you out of the basement with juice and cookies but you would just steal them and stay down there with us. Tony always put this pair of over-sized ear muffs on you so you wouldn't damage your ears."

I smiled. Dad always did what was best for me even if it seemed dumb or un-punk rock. Even though he always let me pick out what I wanted to wear. I even remember hearing him and Jaime talk about MXPX coming to town and I cried because I wanted to go see them. Dad had told me I was too young but I didn't care. In the end he and Jaime took me to the show. I remember a bunch of people making mean comments about me being there but I didn't care. I didn't even know they didn't like me. I was just excited to see a band I loved in person. I even got to meet them! They were amazed a five year old knew every word to all their songs. Dad had even made me wear ear muffs to the show.

I nodded, "He made me wear ear muffs to all shows I went to."

Mike chuckled, "I remember. You were so cute and innocent until some punk music came on and then you'd go hardcore."

"I vowed my future kids would be like you. But you were the only kid I wanted in my life." Vic said before pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back as I also pulled Mike into the hug, "Thanks for always being there for me."