Another Set Of Bones

I took a picture of Pierce the Veil doing sound check and uploaded it to my Instagram with the caption of 'I love these guys so much. I wouldn't be who I am today without them.' I tagged all four of them in the picture as well. I've been going down memory lane what seems like all day with them. Before I could put my phone back in my pocket my phone started to ring. the four dorks who normally call me are right in front of me. I looked down to see Alex written across my screen with a picture of the one and only Alex Gaskarth. I stepped into the hallway behind the stage to answer Alex.

"Hello?"

"Juliet Kennedy Perry! How dare you drunk call me and then ignore my calls when I try to check up on you! You're grounded, missy!" Alex said sternly into the phone. I bit my lip and looked down at the ground. I never liked getting in trouble, even if it was fake trouble. I tucked my hair behind my ear, "I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't know I called you."

"You better be sorry! You promised me your first time would be with me. I thought I was your best friend."

I smiled and shook my head, "You are my best friend. You and Jack both. I didn't mean to get drunk. Fil was getting our drinks messed up. He had regular fruit juice and I had alcoholic fruit juice. It was an accident."

"Good. When you visit me for the summer I'm getting you drunk every night." Alex said.

"Please, Alex, I don't ever want to drink again."

Alex chuckled on the other end, "You were that sick, huh? Well I just wanted to check up on you since you never called me back. I was worried about you but you seem to be alright. Call me when you miss me, okay bunny?"

I nodded as if Alex could see me, "Yeah. I'll call you when I miss you. Bye, Alex."

We hung up and I slid my phone back into my pocket. Alex was like an older brother to me. I was afraid of him when we first met but he did everything in his power to get me to like him. Back then I was more afraid of meeting people than I am now. I think it was because back then I was so young I didn't have anything to help with my anxiety. No one even knew I had anxiety back then. Alex was the one that pointed out I may have it because he knew the signs.

After that tour Dad took me to get tested for anxiety. I had it, of course, but the doctors didn't want to give me any kind of medication for it since I was only six. Dad and Jaime both kept Alex on speed dial to help with me any time I acted strange in any kind of way. They became anxiety experts thanks to Alex. I didn't get on any kind of anxiety medicine until I was nine, and that was only because Jaime yelled at the doctor about me having panic attacks too often. And even then I wasn't on actual anxiety medicine. It was an antidepressant that was supposed to help with anxiety.

Dad wasn't very happy about me being on medicine. I remember hearing him and Jaime arguing after they thought I was asleep. Dad thought it was ridiculous that a nine year old should depend on medicine to feel normal. Jaime thought it wasn't dependency but it would help. Dad eventually gave in to trying it and would keep me on it if it helped me and if I wanted to take it. After a month when the medicine had its time to get into my system, I stopped having panic attacks about anything and everything. I had told Dad I wanted to stay on the medicine and he allowed me to on the condition that if I ever wanted to stop taking it, I would let him know immediately. 

"Are you alright, Baby Turtle?" Brian asked as he came up beside me.

I nodded, "Yes, thank you."

Brian leaned against the wall beside me, "Why are you out here by yourself?"

I smiled, "I had a phone call. I couldn't hear at the side stage. They should be almost done, anyways."

"Alright. If you need anything from me at all, I'll be in the showers and after that you can call me. Okay?" He said, sounding concerned. I nodded and said a small thank you as he pushed himself off the wall and vanished. I liked how other bands seemed to care about me when we toured, even if I felt they were smothering me and treating me like a child. Everyone is always so nice and caring, even if they are big jerks they still look out for me. 

I remember the first big tour the guys went on. Dad did his best to get me to stay with Grandma. I wouldn't. He tried to hire a nanny to come on tour to watch me when they were on stage. The other bands thought it was a ridiculous idea and said they would all watch me. Out of the other three bands, Chiodos, The Devil Wears Prada, and Alesana, only one member was mean to me. It was the guitarist for Chiodos. Even then he really wasn't mean. He just ignored me. Now that I think back on it, he was probably just awkward with kids.

I can remember when the other band members watched me I would beg them to let me see the guys play. It was always the same. They would say no then give in. Dad was well prepared and always had my ear muffs with us. They would put my ear muffs on and take me out into the crowd. I would hold onto Jellybean tightly as whichever band member it was that night held me tightly. I didn't care what happened to me. I just loved seeing the four guys I loved on stage making pretty music.

I was pulled into a sweaty hug and felt a kiss on my forehead, "My little princess is all grown up and being sweet, taking pictures of us and making mushy comments."

"Ewww, Dad, you need to shave. You're all pokey." I said as I pushed him away. He chuckled as he smoothed out his facial hair. I rolled my eyes at him. What a dork. Dad put his arm around my shoulders as he pulled me into the green room, "This beard will keep boys away from you."

I shook my head, "I'm pretty sure your resting death glare will scare them away. And then there's Mike's angry arm folding."

Dad smiled, "Good."