Pins And Needles

Dad and I were sitting in the Principal's Office at school. My heart was racing and I could feel a lump forming in my throat. Being in a new school with people I didn't know was bringing my anxiety to the surface. Dad had handed me my bottle of Xanax before we came into the building. I didn't think I would need it but now I'm starting to feel like I do.

"Victor and Michael Fuentes? They aren't brothers, are they?" Mr. Storey asked as he eyed the paperwork Dad filled out.

Dad nodded, "Yes, Sir. They used to go here."

Mr. Storey shook his head, "Never in my day did I think their names would pop up before me again."

"I'm sure they'll say the same." Dad said and gave a shy chuckle.

Mr. Storey grabbed some papers from his printer before handing them to me, "Here's your schedule and your locker. You've only missed two days, so nothing major. I expect you to keep up the same grades, Miss Perry."

I nodded as I grabbed the papers, "Thank you."

"Now, get to class." He said.

Dad stood up and shook his hand, doing his normal 'it was nice to meet you' line before pushing me out of the office. He closed the door behind us before pulling me into a quick hug, "If you need me I won't be far. I'm a phone call away. So are the others."

I rolled my eyes, "I know, Dad. I would be fine if it wasn't for my anxiety."

He gave me a little smile, "It's going to be okay, Jules. I promise. Want me to walk with you to your class?"

I shook my head. As embarrassing as it is to be the new kid, I don't want my dad to walk me to class. To be fair, he doesn't even look that old. Maybe no one will think he's my dad. The bell rang, making me jump a little. Dad chuckled, "I love you, Princess. Have a good day."

"I love you, too." I said before turning around to the sea of teenagers. I tucked my blonde hair behind my ear and started to make my way down the hallway. I didn't know where I was going other than Biology with Mrs. Holloway. I starred at my schedule until I bumped into someone. Great, I'm already making an impression. I mumbled a soft "I'm sorry."

"No problem!" The guy said cheerily. I glanced up at him to be caught in his light green eyes. He gave me a big smile, showing his perfect teeth which seemed to glow white against his tan skin. His long black hair was pushed back from his forehead. "You new here?"

I nodded, "Yes."

He smiled, "I'm Russell. I can show you around really quick if you want."

"That would be great. I don't know where I'm going at all." I said shyly, "Oh, and I'm Juliet."

Russell took my schedule from my hands and gave them a look over, "Mrs. Holloway! She is my favorite teacher."

Maybe he has the class with me. It would be nice to at least be on a name basis with someone. Russell handed my schedule back to me, "This room behind you is your English class, and the one across the hall and down where that girl with the bright pink hair is is your History class. Biology and Home Ec are down the long hallway at the end."

"Thank you." I said before heading off to the hallway he pointed at. It shouldn't be too hard to find room 37a now. As I went down the hall the bell rang, signaling everyone had to be in their classrooms. I found 37a at the very end of the hallway on the right. I went into the room to see a traditional looking classroom. Mrs. Holloway was at the front of the room. She was a short lady that looked to be around Dad's age with long red hair tied up in a pony tail and brown eyes. She saw me in the doorway and gave me a warm smile, "Miss Perry?"

I nodded.

"You can sit in any open seat you like." She said. Some people in the room looked at me. I did my best to try to calm my breathing. I thought about everything but their eyes on me. If Alex was here he would yell fuck you at everyone as he pulled me to the back of the room, so that's where my feet took me. I sat down in an empty desk and set my backpack down beside me.

"Blake! Take out your headphones." Mrs. Holloway said loudly from beside me as she tapped the boy in the desk beside mine.

He pulled his headphones out and looked up at our teacher, "Sorry, I didn't hear the bell ring."

As Mrs. Holloway went back to the front of the class, I pulled my binder out of my backpack. I couldn't help myself from taking quick glances over at Blake. He had long blond hair with the sides of his head shaved. He had black gauges in his hears that looked to be at 0s. He sent me a glance and his light blue eyes made my breath catch in my throat. The guys in this school are already more attractive.

Russell ^^

Russell ^^

Blake ^^

Blake ^^