Cold Blood

I stabbed my fork at the scrambled eggs. I liked my eggs sunny side up, not scrambled. But Dad and Jaime told me I needed to eat them so they can help soak up the remnants of the drug that could still be in my system even after the stomach pump and sleeping it off. I heard the heavy door open as I kept stabbing the eggs before I looked up to see Vic and Mike engulfing me in a tight hug.

Mike wrapped his arms around me and shoved Vic off of the bed, "My baby turtle."

I rolled my eyes. They fight over me even when I'm in the hospital. How rude. I saw Andy come into view. He pushed Mike away before leaning in and giving me a hug, "You're going in a bubble."

I shrugged, "I'll pop it somehow."

Andy chuckled a deep chuckle before pulling away and ruffling my hair up. My gaze moved to the four guys awkwardly standing in the back of the room. I smiled at them, "Thank you for not letting me die."

Blake shrugged, "It's what friends are for."

"I shouldn't have let you go to the party. I knew something bad was going to happen. High school parties around here always end up with something going down." Mike said as he sighed deeply. Vic rolled his eyes as he scooted back onto the bed with me. He took the fork and started to pile scrambled eggs onto it, "Mike you know you aren't at fault. We should have been mature adults and one of us should have went undercover."

"Please. Anyone who listens to you knows who you are." I replied.

Andy gave a chuckle, "Vic is the only one who could pull off a student. The rest of us have too many tattoos."

"I don't know. If you covered your neck tattoos and wore a jacket you could totally pass as a high school kid." I said to Andy as Vic shoved the forkful of eggs into my mouth. I sent Vic a glare as I yanked the fork out of his hand.

Andy shrugged, "I wouldn't be too undercover since every girl would be after me."

I rolled my eyes, "Please. Only the drunk ones."

Andrew cleared his throat, "I know a few girls who would be all over him, actually."

I blushed, forgetting the others were still here. Did Andrew know who Andy was? "You know who Andy is?"

Andrew nodded, "You've met my sister. I'm sure you've heard what's constantly in her ears. All five of these guys are on her bedroom wall."

"There goes my 'I don't want anyone in this school to know I know famous people' thing." I said solemnly as Vic forced my hand to scoop up eggs with the fork.

Blake and Brent shrugged, "Your secret is safe with us."

"Wait, you know famous people?" Charlie said in mock shock. Blake hit him in the chest and Charlie started to laugh, "We aren't your friend because of who you know. We're your friend because you're cool."

"Thanks. That makes me feel better. Why did you stay, anyway?" I asked as I pushed the fork away from my mouth. Mike held my hand down with one arm and forced my mouth open with the other so Vic could feed me.

Blake looked at me and shrugged, "We care about our friends. We wanted to make sure you were okay."

"And this numbskull punched Russell in the face." Brent said as he jabbed a thumb at Andrew.

I smiled at the four guys, "Thank you. It really means a lot."

"They said you would say that. We tried to buy you flowers but the gift shop is closed." Charlie said and looked down at the floor. I looked over at Vic, "You've talked about me?"

He shrugged, "Maybe a little. If you eat I'll tell you what we said about you."

I rolled my eyes, "I would like to eat at my own pace. But these eggs are bland. And there's no jelly for the biscuits."

"I'll make you breakfast if you force that bland shit down." Andy said from the couch. I looked over at him. Andy Biersack cooking me breakfast? That's something I would love to see. "Deal, Biersack."

I grabbed the fork from Vic and started to finish the eggs before stuffing the sausage in my mouth. Andy chuckled a deep chuckle, "I won't cook if you choke."

"You didn't specify that, dork. So you're still cooking. Blueberry pancakes." I said with a mouth full of sausage. Everyone laughed at me and I couldn't help but blush. Vic wrapped his arm around me and pushed the food tray away, "If you choke the doctors won't let you leave since they would think it was a suicide attempt."

I looked over at Vic and raised my eyebrows, "Why would I attempt suicide?"

I saw Dad shrug behind Vic, "Apparently suicide and self harm are more likely to happen after rape."

The guys know me better than that. I've never shown any interest of self harm. Yeah, I've had days where I think what would happen if I wasn't here and stuff like that, but it's just out of curiosity and not out of actually wanting to die. I felt Vic's grip tighten on me, "We know you're strong, mija. The doctors don't know you like we do."

"If I kill myself it will be so the police won't put me in jail after murdering Russell." I said softly. It was starting to sink in that I was raped. I didn't remember it. Was I over dosing when it happened? Was I conscious? Did I actually agree to it because I was drugged? I never thought something like this could happen to me. I was just normal. I wasn't very attractive. Why would he choose me? Because I was new? Easy?

Vic wrapped his other arm around me, "We'd protect you if you killed him. We'll hop the border and go to where Tone was born. No jail for you."

So if I did kill Russell the guys would help me escape? They would also probably help me kill him. Especially Dad. I can see the rage in his eyes. I can also see the pain. He would't have been able to stop what happened. I pushed myself out of Vic's warm embrace. As mush as I love Vic, I just want my dad. I climbed off the bed and into Dad's lap before anyone noticed what I was doing and could stop me. I didn't care that I was just wearing a thin hospital gown in front of four teenage guys that I barely know. I wanted my dad. I didn't care that the IV was trying to pull itself from my hand. I wanted my dad. 

Dad held me tightly in his arms and did everything to not cry. I held Jellybean in my arm as I wrapped the other around Dad and leaned my head on his shoulder. Dad kissed the top of my head before standing up and setting me back down on the hospital bed. Mike had moved to the couch with Andy and Vic took Dad's chair as Dad sat on the bed with me. 

"Eat so we can go home." Dad said in my ear.

I nodded and slowly started to eat the rest of the bland food in front of me, getting myself mentally prepared for Andy's pancakes later. I wasn't going to let what Russell did to me get me down. I was going to get him back for it.